Images not showing up

Hi - I’ve just uploaded some products using the spreadsheet I’ve been using for the past year. The spreadsheet contains a field with an image url. For some reason I wasn’t getting any images for the uploaded products. So I just tried uploading the images to the products from a folder on my computer but I still get nothing. It seems that the images aren’t being saved. Has anyone encountered this or have any idea how to resolve it.

Many thanks

Bruce

Does the image url open if you paste it into a browser window

Can you give us a link to the affected site?

John

Hi John

Yes the site is www.double-b-books.com. If you put 'hardy, thomas' into the search box you'll get a list of books some of which haven't got images - but should have. Also on the front page I have a featured items box - in that some things are displaying without an image but on the product detail page the images are there. I'm working towards upgrading to v.3 - I'm currently using v.2.4 so need to upgrade that to 2.6? before I go to v.3 and I'm thinking of doing that simply to see if that fixes things.

Is there a limit to the number of images cs cart will store? If I look in images/detailed i find 3 sub folders 0, 1 & 2. I'm wondering if there's a limit to what these directories will hold and whether more are needed - but I'm assuming if that was the case cs cart would create them automatically. I just checked the books on some other sites I uploaded them to and the images are displaying there.

Yes there is a limit which is set in config.local and the cart will re create the directory structure its self.

Not sure what to say except I remember one time where if the image was uploaded with the same name it wouldnt overwrite the previous image.

john

This seems to be a permissions issue - my hosting was with Martfox (I've now moved) and they had a habit of changing things because they thought it was a good idea - they once removed Smartoptimizer from my htaccess file without telling me because they said I didn't need it - maybe I didn't but they could have asked/explained first. Anyway all my permissions for images, var, skins directories are set at 755 not 777 as per cs cart instructions.

I've been changing them but some are reverting back to 755. Do you know where that would be coming from?

Hi bartlby37,

[quote name='bartlby37' timestamp='1363077756' post='157525']

This seems to be a permissions issue - my hosting was with Martfox (I've now moved) and they had a habit of changing things because they thought it was a good idea - they once removed Smartoptimizer from my htaccess file[/quote]

On our servers is the “mod_deflate” enabled automatically for all cPanel accounts, therefore we removed/disabled the SmartOptimizer on your account.

[quote]Anyway all my permissions for images, var, skins directories are set at 755 not 777 as per cs cart instructions.[/quote]

We use fastcgi/suEXEC on our servers that is optimized for speed and scalability, therefore it is not necessary to set the permissions to 777 and 666 from the security reason. Using suEXEC allows executing programs as a different user, such as running CGI scripts as an individual cPanel user where the user and group match that of the user's files.

[quote]I've been changing them but some are reverting back to 755. Do you know where that would be coming from?[/quote]

Edit your config.local.php file