Images Migration

How do I migrate pictures from one installation (4.2.4) to another (4.3.2)?

images are in place on the server, but the paths are not there, I spent a lot of time adding those images in that installation and I would not like to do it again on 4.3.2.

4.3.2 installation was cloned from 4.2.4 BEFORE I added the pictures hence they are not there.

Anyone?

The picture export/import doesnt seem to work.

If all objects has the same IDs, you can try the following solution (! not tested)

• make a backup of the following tables in 4.3.2

cscart_images_links

cscart_images

use this backup if the solution does not work
  • copy the images directory from 4.2.4 to 4.3.2
  • make a backup of the same tables on 4.2.4
  • restore it on 4.3.2

Did that using import in phpmyadmin, but had an error “[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=2] Duplicate entry 'xyz' for key 'PRIMARY'[/size][/font][/color]”

But 4.3.2 database is the most recent version of my database(new products, pages etc.), 4.2.4 is a bit older, so Im not sure if it wont crash products that exit in 4.3.2 and dont exist in 4.2.4

If the databases are different, this solution will not work. Use import/ export functionality

So I did an export/import of image in one product. Where am I suppose to copy the images that are in this product in 4.2.4 shop?

/var/files/…?

Export setup:

1. exim/backup/images/
  2. Delimeter: ;

Export fields:

Product code

Pair type

Thumbnail

Detailed image

Result file:

Product code;Pair type;Thumbnail;Detailed image

“EEEED4”;“A”;“”;“exim/backup/images/iphone-5s-16gb-colors-1.jpg#{[en]:Apple iPhone 5s;[pl]:Apple iPhone 5s;}”

“EEEED4”;“A”;“”;“exim/backup/images/iphone-5s-16gb-silver-2.jpg#{[en]:Apple iPhone 5s;[pl]:Apple iPhone 5s;}”

“EEEED4”;“M”;“”;“exim/backup/images/iphone-5s-silver-1.jpg#{[en]:Apple iPhone 5s;[pl]:Apple iPhone 5s;}”

Import specs:
  3. exim/backup/images/
  4. Delimeter: ;

Now all of the sudden it worked, but only for additional pictures, I didnt work for the main picture.

Thumbnail is missing in the export for some reason, it displays normally on the shop which it is exported FROM

Btw. if the SQL import ended with an error, it didnt actually commit any of the changes to the database, right?

Export/ Import feature should work correctly for all images.

[quote name='Fedor' timestamp='1436452442' post='222276']

Btw. if the SQL import ended with an error, it didnt actually commit any of the changes to the database, right?

[/quote]

It depends on the place where the error was appeared. Most possibly your database was affected