Image Verification - Firefox/Win XP

I just entered a bug into the tracker, but thought I would also share the problem with others to see if they to are having issues.

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1840”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1840[/URL]

I am having a problem with the image verification with Firefox browsers (3.6) on Windows XP.

When you first try to login and use the image verification with all CAPITAL letters, you get an error message that you are missing information.

(see picture )

When you then try to login with lowercase letters than it works just fine.

(see picture )

I have verified that the GD library is installed on the server

(see picture)

Excellent… thanks for pointing this out. I had customers stating that the captcha was not working properly using mozilla - I was not entirely sure what they meant but you explained the scenario.

I had a couple customers also call me and told me they could not order with the error some information was missing. This could be it.

guess it’s time to turn it off till there’s a fix.

edit . went into admin and saw i could just use digits.

Also looked on the web were it said captcahs can cost conversions. I thought i’d give it a go and run without it for a while and see what happens.

I don’t use this on the login pages because I don’t see the point. You want to stop bots from creating new accounts using image verification so I understand it on registration and all contact forms.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I don’t use this on the login pages because I don’t see the point. You want to stop bots from creating new accounts using image verification so I understand it on registration and all contact forms.[/QUOTE]

Good point John!

I have reduced our usage to registration forms, comments and reviews and send to friend requests.

I’m having problem with my Image Verification it will not display. I don’t know what esle to do:confused:

I got it to work, my server host enabled FreeType support in GD:grin: