Image Still Cutting Off in FF 3.5 and IE7 (2.0.7)

It appears that the images in the previewer window are still being cut off at the bottom instead of either being resized to fit in the window or the window being resized to fit the image. I have multiple images so they are at the bottom of the window but even with an item that has a single image, it’s still being cut off at the bottom.

Can anyone else confirm that this is still a problem in FF 3.5 and IE7?

Thank you!

Stephanie

Vers. 2.0.7 (upgrade easy and no issues!)

YES! Still having this same problem, tested with IE8 :frowning:

Guess I’ll open up a bug in the Tracker! Thanks for the confirmation, Stuck!

I was so hoping this would be resolved…very annoying.

Stephanie

Yea, quite frustrating and it seems some are experiencing this, others not… :confused:

This is already posted in the bug tracker and shown as being fixed in version 2.07, again confusing.

Well, I put in another bug for it since the previous one was closed and it seemed to address the centering of the image and not necessarily the cutting off at the bottom.

Hopefully, CS-Cart will understand it’s still a problem and get it fixed.

Stephanie

The development teams thinking on this is probably…You should optimize/condense your images anyway instead of us creating code to resize it.

What’s the point of automatically resizing a 2000 x 2000 image if it’s never seen beside the fact that it takes up space/bandwidth?

Just my take on the matter.

I think there are like two different issues getting mixed together here. :confused:

My issue has always been that the entire “Larger Image Window” is pushed so far down the page that about half of the actual window doesn’t even display…WIERD

And, my “Larger Images” are all at only 400 x 300 pixels.

[quote name=‘Stuck’]I think there are like two different issues getting mixed together here. :confused:

My issue has always been that the entire “Larger Image Window” is pushed so far down the page that about half of the actual window doesn’t even display…WIERD

And, my “Larger Images” are all at only 400 x 300 pixels.[/QUOTE]

Probably so.?

I believe what they forgot to add to the fix was the code that joe posted whereas they left out 2 lines of code in the IE css.?

I have images that are around 300x600 and they view fine in IE and Firefox. But I have a large monitor. So I tried it on my smaller 17 inch monitor set to 1024x768 and was able to duplicate the problem. So the problem only exists with large images on small monitors.

I believe the correct thing is to re size the images to fit the resolution you believe most of your customers will be using. I am not sure this is a cs-cart bug. In my mind, it is the store owners responsibility to correctly size the images before uploading them, not the carts. The cart can only do so much. Good old fashion photoshop work will fix this problem.

Ok, I see. Their bug is still not fixed for other skins. Only basic skin has those 2 lines.

So, what would be the recommended maximum size for images? I don’t think my pictures are abnormally large by any means but if I have to shrink them a bit then I will. The problem I have is that I have to come up with a size that works when I have a single image or multiple images since the multiple images at the bottom of the previewer window eat in to the space of the large image appearing in the window.

I’m not having any problem with the window appearing down the screen. I also do not have a small monitor and am seeing this problem with cutting off of images.

I’ll just shrink my pictures and leave it at that, I guess. If there is a maximum size recommended than I would have hoped that CS-Cart would put that in some documentation to alleviate discussions such as these. Just my $.02…

Stephanie

It’s not that simple Stephanie. Everybody has different size monitors so it varies. Every one of my images are 300 x 300 if that helps any.

The variations of monitors is most likely the reason there is not an automatic resize feature. There is no way of choosing a “default” size. Also say there was a default size of say 500 x 500…if I upload a 300 x 300 image, do you know what it would look like resized to 500 x 500? Not very clear. Hope this has explained a little.?

[quote name=‘scase’]So, what would be the recommended maximum size for images? I don’t think my pictures are abnormally large by any means but if I have to shrink them a bit then I will. The problem I have is that I have to come up with a size that works when I have a single image or multiple images since the multiple images at the bottom of the previewer window eat in to the space of the large image appearing in the window.

I’m not having any problem with the window appearing down the screen. I also do not have a small monitor and am seeing this problem with cutting off of images.

I’ll just shrink my pictures and leave it at that, I guess. If there is a maximum size recommended than I would have hoped that CS-Cart would put that in some documentation to alleviate discussions such as these. Just my $.02…

Stephanie[/QUOTE]

Hi Stephanie, the cs-cart implementation is like that, to show the original image in a fixed size of window.

Thank you for the help. I am in the process of making my images a maximum of 400x400 and hope that makes it that all of my customer can see the full images without any issues.

I appreciate the explanations.

Regards,

Stephanie