Image Names

Will be importing images into CS-Cart. Does CS-Cart rename images during import? I presently have a file naming scheme based on product info for my stand-alone image database which is intended to help placement in a google images search. If CS-Cart uses the original image filename, what is best practice for naming images and is there anything about my image filenames that could be a problem with CS-Cart?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

no you can call your images what you like and also add alt tag info and page title info same as the name for seo purposes

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thanks John. I see there are fields for images for detailed and thumbnail images. One would use the products import for images rather than the images table? If so, how can multiple images be imported?

The product import will import the detailed and automatically create the thumb from the detailed image so unless you need a different or specific thumb just use the detailed image field.

as for additional images use the “image” import tab and again you can just bring in the detailed image, the pair type would be “a” for additional

best thing to do is add a couple of additional images from admin under product>images then export those imges from export>images to see the ste up

John

Thanks. Starting to see what the process will be. Pair type for the detailed image would be “d”?

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1388765907' post='174478']

The product import will import the detailed and automatically create the thumb from the detailed image so unless you need a different or specific thumb just use the detailed image field.

as for additional images use the “image” import tab and again you can just bring in the detailed image, the pair type would be “a” for additional

best thing to do is add a couple of additional images from admin under product>images then export those imges from export>images to see the ste up

John

[/quote]

The products import csv file has a field for “images directory” which it says are where the images are located. Should this be the final directory where the images will reside or is this just telling CS-Cart where to find them? I'm not sure if CS-Cart takes the images and moves them into directories of its own choosing or if I specify where it will put them.

It is so CS knows where to find them,

John

Thanks again.