Image Folder Question / public_html

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking at my numbers over the month of December, and I think I need to reduce/remove some items to lighten it up a bit.

I’ve noticed that I upload all of my product images into the public_html folder, and have them organized by the manufacturer’s name. However, if you click “view image info” on any product image from my website, you’ll see that they are all being called from the “images/detailed” folder.

If this is the case, can I remove all the images I’ve uploaded to the public_html folder since they have all been reassigned to the “detailed” image folder?

If so, this could free up a ton of space for me. I currently have over 700 products, and each product has at least 1 600x600 jpeg image attached. All of these images are just sitting in my public folder.

Thanks for any suggestions.

What I would do is access your site via FTP & rename the image folder in question to something like “crap”, don’t delete the folder, just rename it.

Clear your CS-Cart cache as well as your browser cache and test that the images are all displaying properly on your site.

If all is well, then you should be able to delete the renamed image folder without problems. To be even safer, you should backup the crap folder & save it to your local PC just in case there is an important image or two in the folder. :wink:

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]If this is the case, can I remove all the images I’ve uploaded to the public_html folder since they have all been reassigned to the “detailed” image folder?[/quote]

Yes, you can.