Image as Link

I’m sure I read on the forum somewhere some way of having your product image as a link, which would enable you, if you have the same image for 100 products, to just have the one image stored and link to that image rather than the Cart duplicating the image 100 times and giving it a strange number with about 20 extra numbers on the end of the name.

Maybe I just imagined it but if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

This is actually a decision made on the part of the creators of CS-Cart. Even if you choose a single image on the server, a backup and thumbnail will be made for each image. Deleting a product will only delete the copy of the image and thumb associated with that product.

I suppose you could download the images CSV and alter the links so they all link to the same image if you really wanted.

[quote name=‘gginorio’]I suppose you could download the images CSV and alter the links so they all link to the same image if you really wanted.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what you mean by this. If you change the name of the image to the one name and re-import the .csv, I thought it would just recreate the images (another few hundred of them!).