IE8 showing the pop up larger images off screen

Hi,

Running 2.10 and when you click on the link to View larger image, on IE8 the box is off to the right and off the bottom. It is fine on FF3.5.

I have reduced the image to a manageable size of 400 x 300 but still not centred on IE8 and not really visible.

Any ideas please.

Thanks, Paul

[quote name=‘pheritage’]Hi,

Running 2.10 and when you click on the link to View larger image, on IE8 the box is off to the right and off the bottom. It is fine on FF3.5.

I have reduced the image to a manageable size of 400 x 300 but still not centred on IE8 and not really visible.

Any ideas please.

Thanks, Paul[/quote]

Here the only idea: a css hook for IE8

I’m sure what you say makes sense to everyone else on this forum, but for me, I will just delete all my larger images and keep only thumbnails until I find out how to fix the ‘bug’.

Thanks.

[quote name=‘pheritage’]I’m sure what you say makes sense to everyone else on this forum, but for me, I will just delete all my larger images and keep only thumbnails until I find out how to fix the ‘bug’.

Thanks.[/quote]

Sorry, but if you want to “fix the bug” then there is only this way.

“For everyone on this forum and FOR YOU”

Actually there’s a quick fix you can apply that will work.

This is how you have to do it, hook or no hook - this is straight from microsoft.

Open your meta.tpl located in your skins folder under the folder named for your skin.

(skins//meta.tpl)

The very first entry has to be:

This HAS to be the first meta tag no matter what.

That will fix your lightbox.