I Am So Sick Of The "working As Designed" Excuses For Lame Rigs In Cs-Cart!

I'm sorry, but I am so fed up with the “working as designed” or other lame excuses CS-Cart continues to come up with as reasons why they don't FIX bugs instead of releasing new crap in their software. I don't need more bells and whistles. I need software that freaking works! Software that doesn't screw up things over and over again. All of the “bells and whistles” in the world don't mean jack crap if the software is full of bugs or runs dog slow.

The reason for this rant is the following bug reported:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5343-have-to-enter-billing-and-shipping-info-manually-in-admin-check-out/

Basically what they told me was that it was “working as designed” because they didn't take the time to fix what they are now calling a “feature”. I'm sorry, but to have to sit on the phone with a customer while I copy and paste the same stupid information over is beyond STUPID!

So basically, instead of “fixing” the issue they throw the problem down the road and introduce new “bells and whistles” that are just going to screw up MORE things. For the past year I have upgraded in “hopes” that it would fix previous bugs. Sometimes it does, but most of the time they create multiple new ones.

Now CS wants to release 4.3.1 when the 4.2.? DOES NOT FUNCTION properly. Why not fix some of the crazy bugs in the 4.2.? and DO NOT ADD ANY more add-ons, until you get it working!

Rant done. I wish I could say I feel better. Since CS continues to screw with my bottom line and failing to provide a stable version for a couple of years now I'm not so sure how well I feel.

There is a stable version…2.2.5 which it looks like you are still using according to your sig. No problems with those is there?

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1414639430' post='195670']

There is a stable version…2.2.5 which it looks like you are still using according to your sig. No problems with those is there?

[/quote]

Yep, we do have a few sites left there. We originally had shut down one of them when we upgraded our primary site to version 4, but when sales took a drastic dive down with version 4 we turned the other domain back on and allowed customers to buy from there again. We don't market the old 2.2.5 and we haven't added any items to it because we had planned on retiring it.

The question we are asking ourselves now is do we really want to invest to take our primary sites backwards to an old version or try to find someone else. I know the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I am getting kind of tired of “hoping” that things will get better here.

The big difference I do know is the fact that CS allowed this thread to stay. Most other companies would have deleted it. So I am very thankful that CS leaves a lot of stuff like this alone. I just wish they would get serious about getting a stable version released and stop worrying about adding more “features” that just break more things.

Where did you read that there will be no more bug fix releases for 4.2?

It seems to me that 4.2 needs many bug fix releases before it gets to the needed stability / quality that is needed for business reliability.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1414707494' post='195747']

Where did you read that there will be no more bug fix releases for 4.2?

It seems to me that 4.2 needs many bug fix releases before it gets to the needed stability / quality that is needed for business reliability.

[/quote]

In the bug tracker area they are saying fixed in 4.3.1.

You are right. :-(

That seems to mean that we will get more new features with new bugs, before all the outstanding bugs are resolved.