Huge mistake selecting CS-Cart

CS needs to seriously make a 1 page checkout like this, someone please post this in uservoice and VOTE on it !!!

[quote name=‘snorocket’]CS needs to seriously make a 1 page checkout like this, someone please post this in uservoice and VOTE on it !!![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it seems people are more interested in glitzy multi-store capability and eBay/Amazon integration over getting a proper checkout experience and proper shipping calculations. People will set up the multiple storefronts and then wonder and complain here that their conversions are low and their abandoned carts are high.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Unfortunately, it seems people are more interested in glitzy multi-store capability and eBay/Amazon integration over getting a proper checkout experience and proper shipping calculations. People will set up the multiple storefronts and then wonder and complain here that their conversions are low and their abandoned carts are high.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I think the multi-store feature will introduce a lot of new bugs and will be a huge pain in the butt for the rest of us that don’t want it.

[quote name=‘adodric’]Sadly, I think the multi-store feature will introduce a lot of new bugs and will be a huge pain in the butt for the rest of us that don’t want it.[/QUOTE]

I might use the multi-store capability if it were available but I just think other things need to be addressed first - specifically the things like order placement and shipping that make the cart less attractive then the competition. I fully understand the need for the developers to add some glitz in order to stay competitive but right now their attention should be tightening up the core.

And, yes, I suspect multi-store will be “invigorating” at its introduction. Heck, it touches on everything in a cart that was never designed for it starting with the DB design.

Bob

Here, I made a submission… I already had one addressing multi-page checkout (the one I linked to a few posts back), but I removed my votes from that one and put them on this so we could address checkout as a whole. I didn’t include many details, so please add your comments:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/539155-simplify-and-improve-checkout[/url]

For the one page checkout, I totally agree on the point where a review summary block (in the form of a lightbox style notification or “Step 5” div block layout is required.

It should lists all the information a customer have confirmed in the previous Step 1-Step4, and present it to them in a summary-wise style with the items ordered, shipping address, shipping method, shipping costs, discount cost, total cost, etc.

And a note that says something to the effect of “Please review your order details, and click on “Submit order” if everything is correct”

In this way, if a customer realize that the shipping address is wrong (or he/she might have type it wrongly when completing his/her registration of account), he/she can go back and edit.

It gives the customer an added assurance of the fact that he/she can review and would knows exactly what details are being submitted in one glance, right in the moment before he/she click on the “Submit order” button.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Not something you don’t already know, however, do not for one second overlook the current economy! Best way to put it is extremely “Unpredictable”…end of story![/QUOTE]

Exactily the economy has alot to do with low sale volume its affecting everyone

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Unfortunately, it seems people are more interested in glitzy multi-store capability and eBay/Amazon integration over getting a proper checkout experience and proper shipping calculations. People will set up the multiple storefronts and then wonder and complain here that their conversions are low and their abandoned carts are high.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. I look at the Ideas page and all of it is extra fluff for specialized use. I would definitely prefer core shopping cart improvements and speedup way before any of the Ideas are implemented.

I too would like the multi store front (depending on the format) but I would rather CsCart stood still for a while in terms of development and became “Squeaky Clean” in ALL areas, from new install to upgrading and BUG free with more easy customization etc.

I am a great fan of CsCart, but have spent MANY MANY needless hours on upgrades and trying to make addons do what they are supposed to do!!! If you try to upgrade and it isn’t right the revert button DOESN’T work and you end up with a broken cart, before 2# I never had any trouble upgrading, but now it is a complete nightmare.

I say FIX FIX FIX and TEST TEST TEST then ADD!

My couple of cents! :neutral:

[quote name=‘Triplets’]I agree with you 100%. I look at the Ideas page and all of it is extra fluff for specialized use. I would definitely prefer core shopping cart improvements and speedup way before any of the Ideas are implemented.[/QUOTE]

I would not say it is all specialized fluff - a number of the suggestions would benefit many people (e.g., easier invoice editing, cart abandonment features and back in stock notification). But these should still have a lower priority than the checkout and shipping issues.

I am not opposed to seeing new stuff in CS-Cart - in fact, I think it is imperative in order for them to compete since prospective customers often shop based on feature lists. And I think that CS-Cart now has a enough developers so that they can tackle a major addition or two along with addressing the reported problems - it is just that right now I think they should focus on the reported issues ahead of the big new feature addition. The problem is , their customers are requesting the big new features as the highest priority so it is difficult to fault the developers

I am hopeful that CS-Cart will choose wisely to bring the proper mix of improvements.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]/skins/YOURSKIN/customer/views/products/components/product_notification.tpl

Bob[/QUOTE]

Have edited this so that the link takes the customer to the cart and have also removed the checkout button at the top left - so now everyone has to go through the cart. Let’s see if this makes a difference …

I did the same, Barry, and have not had a single complaint of the order process being difficult or anything else that might deter a customer from purchasing. I went live only after I changed the checkout process to require the customers to go to the cart first then be able to checkout. I think if I had started without it, I would have had problems.

Now, I just want the same as everyone else in this thread - a way to handle failed orders because I had my first failed order this past week and the customer did place the order again correctly but was confused when he received 2 orders - one successful and one failed. I explained that there was probably a problem with the credit card information but it would have been so nice if CS-Cart wouldn’t have allowed the first order to fail in the first place and provided the customer an opportunity to fix the problem. I hope CS-Cart decides to fix this problem soon.

[quote name=‘scase’]Now, I just want the same as everyone else in this thread - a way to handle failed orders because I had my first failed order this past week and the customer did place the order again correctly but was confused when he received 2 orders - one successful and one failed. I explained that there was probably a problem with the credit card information but it would have been so nice if CS-Cart wouldn’t have allowed the first order to fail in the first place and provided the customer an opportunity to fix the problem. I hope CS-Cart decides to fix this problem soon.[/quote]

Hmmm… I think an order is an order and if the notification is enabled then it will be sent in each situation.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Have edited this so that the link takes the customer to the cart and have also removed the checkout button at the top left - so now everyone has to go through the cart. Let’s see if this makes a difference …[/QUOTE]

We left the Checkout link / button, just changed to url to “checkout.cart”

The problem as I see it is there a few, vocal, power forum members who keep asking for new fancy features. While at the same time, new members keep complaining about the same core cart problems and bugs. I hope the quiet, new users win out over the vocal, power users. :slight_smile:

Okay, people… VOTE on this and add your comments then: :wink:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/539155-simplify-and-improve-checkout[/url]

It looks like only one other person added their votes.

[quote name=‘ogia’]Okay, people… VOTE on this and add your comments then: :wink:

It looks like only one other person added their votes.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, people will move their votes from your original idea ([url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/535773-improve-multi-page-checkout?ref=title[/url]) to the new one ([url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/539155-simplify-and-improve-checkout[/url])

Bob

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Hmmm… I think an order is an order and if the notification is enabled then it will be sent in each situation.[/QUOTE]

Actually the problem wasn’t necessarily the notification but the fact that the failed order now appears in the order history for that customer. I disagree that “an order is an order” because there should NOT be an order created when the credit card authorization fails. The order process should be stopped in its tracks and allow the user to fix the problem before submitting the order as failed and putting it in to the customer’s order history. I’ve NEVER had any order but a successful order in any order history on another online store site - NEVER! - and I’ve had issues where I entered my number incorrectly and had the opportunity to fix it.

[quote name=‘scase’]Actually the problem wasn’t necessarily the notification but the fact that the failed order now appears in the order history for that customer. I disagree that “an order is an order” because there should NOT be an order created when the credit card authorization fails. The order process should be stopped in its tracks and allow the user to fix the problem before submitting the order as failed and putting it in to the customer’s order history. I’ve NEVER had any order but a successful order in any order history on another online store site - NEVER! - and I’ve had issues where I entered my number incorrectly and had the opportunity to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes and in our case most of the time an order fails because a credit card has reached its limit or incorrect data has been entered etc.

So if someone trys to make an order today but can’t I do want to see a record of a failed order so that I can contact the customer later or so that they can later login and redo the order.

I have gone back and forth on whether or not to create the failed order. I now think that the right answer is to create the initial order so that there is a record of the failed attempt. As Traveler points out, this allows the customer to return later to pay the order (which appears to work). The biggest part of the problem seems to be a lack of clarity regarding the payment status of the order and what the next action should be - this is the issue addressed in this UserVoice idea:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/517445-order-placement-fix-problems-with-duplicate-order[/url]

I think part of the problem is configuration: the ‘Processed’ order status must have ‘Pay order again’ unchecked. This prevents the payment block from appearing on already paid orders.

I wonder if a contributing factor is the prominence of the “Reorder this order” button on the order info page - it makes it all too easy to create a new order when you either just placed a successful order or need to fix a failed attempt. It seems to me that his button should appear only when the customer reviews their order from the “My account” area.

Bob