Http Error 500 When Trying To Reach Backup Page

So I went to back up my site today and got the HTTP ERROR 500 page when I click on the link. Any suggestions to what this could be?

So I went to back up my site today and got the HTTP ERROR 500 page when I click on the link. Any suggestions to what this could be?

500 errors should be logged on the server. Check the server error log for the corresponding error message.

Getting 2 errors over and over in my log all day:

[19-Oct-2016 19:42:10 America/Chicago] PHP Notice: Undefined index: g-recaptcha-response in /myshop/app/addons/google_recaptcha/controllers/frontend/init.post.php on line 24

[19-Oct-2016 20:42:11 America/New_York] PHP Warning: Module 'mysqli' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Not sure if the two are related but line 24 of the app is:

$_REQUEST['g-recaptcha-response']

I restarted mysql but that didn't fix anything.

I think this is the log for the backup issue but not sure what it means:

[19-Oct-2016 20:20:08 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 343932928 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32769 bytes) in /myshop/app/Tygh/DataKeeper.php on line 384

I think this is the log for the backup issue but not sure what it means:

[19-Oct-2016 20:20:08 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 343932928 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32769 bytes) in /myshop/app/Tygh/DataKeeper.php on line 384

If you are using one of the older CS-Cart 4.3.x versions the issue can appear if there is a lot of big backup files in .tgz format in the var/backups directory. The issue appears because when you open the Administration > Backup/Restore page, the system is checking the existing backups to determine whether they contain the database backup, files backup or full backup. Unfortunately, it is not possible to check the contents of .tgz package using PHP without loading the whole archive to the memory. This is one of the reasons why .tgz support was removed since version 4.3.5. In the latest versions you can create backups only in .zip format.

If this is the case, we suggest to save the existing .tgz backups on your local computer and remove them from var/backups directory.

That's great! I did have one 62,000kb .tgz file in that folder. I downloaded/deleted it and started a new backup which actually started. Time will tell if it works since I have always had problems with it completing the backup. It will keep loading like the back up is not finished indefinitely. Fingers crossed that it completes this time.

Well now the back up "finishes" but there are no files backed up. There is no error; simply no files in the backups folder when it completes. I did have an error when trying to back up images (image file names too long) so I decided to try without it. That's when I get nothing now. It goes through the steps of backing up which takes hours so not sure what it is doing.