HTML static Catalog, to not present the word 'catalog' at the URL

Hello,

When we use Static HTML pages, I would like to have the same URL as for the non static pages (both SEO) so I would like to have a way for not to show the word ‘catalog’ on the static URL pages.

This way we can be changing from static to dynamic pages without interruption. At the moment if we change from one to another a page not found arises because the URLs are different.

I hope this is considered important for others too.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello llanquihue,

Yes it’s important for me too, but how to handle both URLs?

A - /MyProduct.html

B - /MyProduct.html

Which one is static, A or B?

Which one is dynamic, A or B?

Select “Dynamic/Static” via Admin Panel?

Select Static at “Entry page”?

Select “Static Home Page”, because Home Page is the main Entry page?

That would be a very GOOD idea, because it would boost download time of first page displayed!

[SIZE=“1”]It is possible?[/SIZE]

Lee Li Pop

Hello Lee,

There’s an option at Admin panel to activate the HTML static pages , look at SEO options.

→ Admin shall know what option is using, not necessary the visitors, I believe.

I will use static pages all the time, exept for the moments I am uptating my cart, but I will have the same URLs, as requested before, so there will be no not-found pages for robots or search engines.

A complement for the static pages shall be to have non-static frame of the top shopping basket.

Best Regards,

Daniel.

Hello Lee,

I have asked for quotation for this project and I have already received it.

Would you like to colabourate for this custom project, so we can split the cost, maybe somebody ealse also ?

This feature can also have another customisations like a dynamic top “cart status” and a “empty cache every x hours” so we can maintain the figures like the stock and others automaticly updated every x hours so presented correctly.

If so, I can send you the quotation detail received via private message ?

Best Regards,

Daniel.

Hello llanquihue,

Yes I’m interested. In fact, everybody should be interested by.

But, I’m sorry, I use CSC 1.3.5 for personal reasons. And maybe, for a long time again.

Lee Li Pop

I am interested as well. Please send me the quote as well. I am willing to contribute to this add-on.

If it matters, I am using 2.0.9 and thinking about doing the upgrade to 2.0.10.

Please let me know if the dev request will include support for 2.0.9 - 10.

Thanks

Hello unique2,

On a first reply CS developer team mentioned that they will not longer support the static feature for future versions. I have replied about the convenience of continue with it and improve it the way I mention above. This feature is important for the ones that use shared hosting service.

So I have asked for this to be includded as standard feature available on future versions too. I am awaiting for reply.

Best Regards,

Daniel.

Hello llanquihue,

I agree with you.

Static feature is very important especially with your requests.

Lee Li Pop

At the moment you can’t remove the word “catalog” or whatever it is called.

You can change the “catalog” word in the “addons/seo/func.php” file. To do it you should rename the “catalog” word in all the places which include paths to the desired word.

Hi indy0077,

• Would it be an .htaccess command in order not to use the word “catalog” at the SEO URL ?

• Or would it be a way to have the word “catalog” also at the dynamic SEO URL.

I need the both to be the same so I can change from static to dynamic mode at any time.

Best Regards,

Daniel.

[quote name=‘llanquihue’]Hi indy0077,

• Would it be an .htaccess command in order not to use the word “catalog” at the SEO URL ?

• Or would it be a way to have the word “catalog” also at the dynamic SEO URL.

Best Regards,

Daniel.[/quote]

No, no htaccess, the addons/seo/func.php must be rewritten.

[quote]I need the both to be the same so I can change from static to dynamic mode at any time.[/quote]I think, it’s not possible because of their SEO addon. If I make changes in the htaccess it will be rejectet or parses an error. Thats really bad, I can’t understand the “SEO knowledge” of CS-Cart developers.

The last information that I have received from the development team is that they agree on the importance of improving the cache system and that they estimate that the improvements on this side will be available from within versions 2.0.15-2.0.17.

Best Regards,

Daniel.