.htaccess question

Im having a problem getting my secondary level .htaccess to work correctly. Maybe one of you gents can figure this one out.

My structure is /home/public_html/skins

In /home/public_html directory I have my primary .htaccess file which contains (among other things), this:

<IfModule mod_expires.c><br />
    <FilesMatch "\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|png|swf|css|js|html?|xml|txt|ico)$"><br />
        ExpiresActive On<br />
        ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 years"<br />
    </FilesMatch><br />
</IfModule><br />
<br />
<FilesMatch "\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|png|swf|css|js|html?|xml|txt|ico)$"><br />
    FileETag none<br />
</FilesMatch><br />
<br />
<IfModule mod_geoip.c><br />
    SetEnvIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE (RU|CN|KR) DenyCountry<br />
    SetEnvIf GEOIP_CONTINENT_CODE (AF) DenyContinent<br />
</IfModule><br />
<br />
 <Files *><br />
 Order Allow,Deny<br />
 Allow from 127.0.0.1<br />
 Allow from All<br />
 Deny from env=DenyCountry<br />
 Deny from env=DenyContinent<br />
 </Files>
```<br />
<br />
In my /home/public_html/skins  directoy, my .htaccess looks like this:<br />
<br />
```php
<Files ~ "\.(php|tpl)$"><br />
Order Allow,Deny<br />
Deny from all<br />
</Files><br />
Allow from all<br />
Options -Indexes
```<br />
<br />
Is there anything that stands out as to explain why the 2nd level .htaccess file isnt working? What I mean is, it is not blocking .php and .tpl files as it should be.

Try

Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
Options -Indexes

Deny from all

I think it’s a precedence issue. I.e. you’re telling it to deny for php/tpl but then saying allow all.

Just a guess.

Thanks for the reply. The .htaccess in the skins folder is unmodified (except for the “Order Allow,Deny” line). I thought perhaps it was a precedence issue so I added that line, however that did not seem to fix it.

Like I said though, thats the default .htaccess from cs-cart so I assume thats not the problem.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Try

Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
Options -Indexes

Deny from all

I think it’s a precedence issue. I.e. you’re telling it to deny for php/tpl but then saying allow all.

Just a guess.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you’ve reached the extent of my htaccess knowledge… Good luck. Please post your solution here when it’s known.

my advice would be to re-upload the default htaccess files from the cs-cart ZIP file. that worked for me (i am a mac user and something went wrong when i uploaded after decompressing the zip file instead of uploading direct from the zip). if that makes any sense ;p

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Sorry, you’ve reached the extent of my htaccess knowledge… Good luck. Please post your solution here when it’s known.[/QUOTE]

Problem turned out to be an error with my apache config. httpd.conf was not parsing .htaccess correctly.