Howto: Add A Tab In The Product Details Page With Info On Food Preparation Time

Hi,

My cs-cart is an ecommerce about food. In the product details page, I'd like to create an additional tab that will show the time it takes to prepare the food/make it available. This will vary per vendor.

For example, the options that I want to show the customer are:

Tab Name: Product Availability

Content Options

• Available within the day after payment
  • Available next day after payment
  • Available in 2 days after payment
  • Available > 2 days after payment.

The vendor should be able to specify how fast/slow they can prepare the order based on the bullet options above.

Is this possible?

Thanks

May be product features can help you. On this forum we posted a solution how to allow vendors to add and edit product features on the product details page

Yes, create new features with sellectable fields.

I thought about that. The problem is that the customers might not click the "features" tab. I'd like for it to be very visible if possible. But thanks for the suggestions.

I thought about that. The problem is that the customers might not click the "features" tab. I'd like for it to be very visible if possible. But thanks for the suggestions.

Then make it visible in the Settings -- Appearance -- Display product details in tabs

Or search for the solution of eComLabs

As alternative

- disable the Features tab

- open description tab template

design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/product_tabs/description.tpl

- add to the end of file

{include file="views/products/components/product_features.tpl" product_features=$product.product_features details_page=true}

- clear cache

- as a result features tab content will be displayed in the description tab

design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/product_tabs/description.tpl

- add to the end of file

{include file="views/products/components/product_features.tpl" product_features=$product.product_features details_page=true}

Another useful tweak! Thank you!

Yet another way to achieve better visibility is to show the feature on the product card itself adding some
between them