How would you do this?

Sorry but I couldn't think of a more specific topic

I have a store in Australia with on-hand stock that I sell to Australians in AUD.

I also sell products from the US which are drop shipped direct to the customer in Australia

The problem I have is the price of the US products as they are sold to me in USD (I get a percentage of the sale). The product has to be displayed with an AUD price as the customer still pays me in AUD.

So the problem lies with the listing of the US product in the store and the price that it is listed at and the customer pays in AUD. Add to that the ever fluctuating currency exchange between the AUD and USD.

What would be good is if there was a way to flag just the US products and their AUD price continually changes to an exchange rate that I enter when ever there is a worthwhile change in the exchange rate…or is there some other way to make it all work…what would you do?

I don't have experience with this but you might want to try having 2 currencies in your shop.

Put USD on default

add AUD

use flexible exchange rates using this add-on [url=“New addon "Currencies updates" is available for testing - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums”]New addon "Currencies updates" is available for testing - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums

That would work I guess?

Thanks Flow, but making the default currency USD would reflect US prices to all visitors to the store and if they didn't realise that they need to change the currency to Australian may be driven away by the prices

Would Webgraphiq's currency addon help CS-Cart GeoIP Currencies, Local Currency addon ?

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name=‘ibaker’ timestamp=‘1334617796’ post=‘134952’]

Thanks Flow, but making the default currency USD would reflect US prices to all visitors to the store and if they didn’t realise that they need to change the currency to Australian may be driven away by the prices

[/quote]

Hmm, well as said I don’t have any experience with this but my guess is it should be pretty easy to fix this :)