How To Update Database Manually?

Hey there,

I could not figure out yet if there is an update script or something available to manually update the CS Cart database. I would really love to see it. Usually it is provided in the secure area (for other products) but not so for CS Cart or I havent seen it yet. There are just the installation SQL files in the folder.

Did I just miss something?

Thanks for your help!

[quote name='TobCube' timestamp='1418803860' post='200021']

Hey there,

I could not figure out yet if there is an update script or something available to manually update the CS Cart database. I would really love to see it. Usually it is provided in the secure area (for other products) but not so for CS Cart or I havent seen it yet. There are just the installation SQL files in the folder.

Did I just miss something?

Thanks for your help!

[/quote]

What CS-Cart version do you use now?

[quote name='TobCube' timestamp='1418807300' post='200048']

[/quote]

Please find how to perform upgrade here

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If you do not need to upgrade your live store, just make a copy of it using the following instruction and upgrade this copy

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thanks

Thanks! But I wanted to know how to manual upgrade the database. Other software offers such options. The scripts must exist because they are used in that automatic upgrade process.

[quote name='TobCube' timestamp='1418809501' post='200065']

Thanks! But I wanted to know how to manual upgrade the database. Other software offers such options. The scripts must exist because they are used in that automatic upgrade process.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, CS-Cart does not provide these scripts. Then you are upgrading the store, the system downloads the required scripts and sql queries from their server.

I use Excel to generate CSV files. Then use PHPMyAdmin (available on almost all hosting plans) to import my CSV files directly into the MySQL tables. I just did this to upgrade from version 1.35 to 4.2.4 and it worked great.