How to uninstall program

I installed this morning but want to start over. How do I uninstall?

Len

If you want to uninstall CS-Cart than you need to clear out your database and remove your files.

To clear your database, use cPanel and go to your phpmyadmin and select your database. Once in you database just drop the tables.

You could also just delete the database and set up a new one.

Then just use file manager through cPanel or use a ftp program and delete your files.

Once the files are deleted you can then reupload the new files and do a new install.

Out of curiousity, why are you doing a whole new install?

Brandon

Brandon, thanks. I screwed up.

1. I checked the 'demo data" box. Don’t want that afterall.

2. I realize that I am not quite ready to have it operational in the same directory of my existing 3 week-old cart…which is quite small and operates with PayPal buttons and simple PHP pages and a CMS system. My site is primarily a vBulletin forum site.

longrangehunting.com/gearshop

So when the cs-cart install finished up, it “took over” the index page of my existing cart and that cart would not operate any more.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Once the demo data is installed it can be a real pain to remove and it is just easier to uninstall and reinstall.

By the way your longrangehunting.com site looks pretty good. You have a ton on information on there. I don’t hunt as much as I would like too, but oh well I guess that is how it goes.

Brandon

So I am wondering what is the best way to set up CS Cart, play with it while adding in my existing inventory of products and not lose all that work when going live. I have a small shop operating now and need to leave that active until the switch over.

My question has partially to do with directories, can I use the same directory.

Or should I uninstall first, then install into a temporary directory. Play with it while adding my existing products, etc. And then can I easily move the whole thing into my existing shop’s directory, delete the old php shop files and go live with the Cs Cart (re-branded as EZ-Cart) software?

Well you can do a couple of things. You can either install CS-Cart into a directory like

longrangehunting.com/cs-cart

or you can set up a subdirectory like

cs-cart.longrangehunting.com

Then you can enter in all of your products and test out the cart. Once you are ready all you would need to do is move the files to the appropriate directory and change your config.local.php file to match the changes. You wouldn’t even need to touch the database.

Brandon

Brandon, thanks. When I uninstall as suggested by you above, do I have to remove the db if I never used it?

And i will re-install into a new, temp directory and then move when ready as you suggest.

Thanks again.

[quote name=‘Len Backus’]Brandon, thanks. When I uninstall as suggested by you above, do I have to remove the db if I never used it?

And i will re-install into a new, temp directory and then move when ready as you suggest.

Thanks again.[/quote]

You don’t have to delete the database, just drop the tables in the database. If the database is on same server (IP) it doesn’t matter which folder do you use for your CSC installation.

[quote name=‘Len Backus’]So I am wondering what is the best way to set up CS Cart, play with it while adding in my existing inventory of products and not lose all that work when going live. I have a small shop operating now and need to leave that active until the switch over.

My question has partially to do with directories, can I use the same directory.

Or should I uninstall first, then install into a temporary directory. Play with it while adding my existing products, etc. And then can I easily move the whole thing into my existing shop’s directory, delete the old php shop files and go live with the Cs Cart (re-branded as EZ-Cart) software?[/quote]

Install it in a temp folder, play with it, then move it to the right (live) folder.

Thanks, all. You’ve been very nice to help.