How To Stop Emails For Order Department When Status Is Changed?

Hi,

Im unable to get into this setting (maybe I just dont understand it)…

When I did set up order statuses, it asks me if I want to send email to customer and order department in default. But even I uncheck “notify order department” box and save setting I get this feature ON anyway and when I change order status it sends email to both unless I uncheck this feature manualy on change order status roll down menu. I had experience with some older version, where this manual check/uncheck was remembered and I didnt have to uncheck it every time.

Anyone can suggest solution?

CS-CART 2.1.4

Hello markuson,

These options (which appear on the “View orders” page when changing an order status) have higher priority than those set for order statuses, that is why the e-mails are sent anyway in case these options are enabled.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

ok, does it mean Im unable to set this on my wish? even in code? these order status emails coming on department in bunch are simply not needed and I would like to stop them on eshop site better to dump them on rule base in outlook.

I tried to search database for these default setting, but have no luck. This feature seems to be somewhere else, but dont know where.

thanks for answer Pavel

Hello markuson,

As far as I understand, you want the “Notify orders department” option that persists in a small drop-down window to be disabled by default when changing an order status manually in the administration panel. Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Another possibilty is making a rule / filter in your email program (gmail, outlook, whatever) that catches all this mail and puts it in a seperate folder.

This way they don't bother you but you will still be able to look something up in your mail if something ever happens to your shop. Or you'll be able to delete very simply.

Hi, thanks for your tips… ruls in outlook is secondary solution, but I like that primary one :-) so I diged the code a bit and found place where I switched off this order dep. notify feature. It works just fine now.

skins/basic/admin/views/orders/manage.tpl (line 70, notify_department=false)

“Sometimes just talks about the problem drives you to solve the problem” ;-)

[quote name=‘markuson’ timestamp=‘1309383691’ post=‘115982’]

Hi, thanks for your tips… ruls in outlook is secondary solution, but I like that primary one :-) so I diged the code a bit and found place where I switched off this order dep. notify feature. It works just fine now.

[/quote]

So does anyone know where to change this in 2.2.3? I’ve tried the above file but it didn’t seem to work.

Personally I am tired of getting tons of emails reminding me that I shipped an order! It is a senseless email and should be optional. The only emails I want to receive are the ones when a customer places the order.

Mr. Clips,

Under Orders, Order Statuses, do you have the Shipped or Completed order status set with “Notify Orders Department” Unchecked ?

That area is actually unchecked. See image at…

http://screencast.com/t/iZoiCEpih0c

The problem area seems to come from the order area when we marked something shipped or when shiprush marks something as shipped. See image at…

http://screencast.com/t/hYCMVNpP

According to this thread CS-Cart seemed to think it was the best way. We do not want to continue to get the emails. Right now we can uncheck it when we go to it. When shiprush does it automatically we do not want to get it then either.

I was wondering if this was occuring when a 3rd party program changed the order status to Shipped as I know you mentioned checking out ShipRush.

Do you have the CS-Cart “Shipments” feature enabled, if so there may be a different template tweak needed to make this email notification to the sales dept. as non-default?

We actually ended up turning off the “shipments” function in order for shiprush to work. I guess it could maybe be calling something from a file there. Do you know if the community version calls from the “shipment” side too? I know you can't turn on the “shipment” function in the community edition unless you purchase the pro version.

[quote]Do you know if the community version calls from the “shipment” side too?[/quote]

No, sorry I have no experience with the Community version, or even versions later than 2.1.4 as of yet. ;)

[quote name=‘markuson’ timestamp=‘1309383691’ post=‘115982’]

[/quote]

That worked for us such a simple fix using 2.2.4

Thanks. Worked for me on 2.2.4 and will save me so much time. I hate having to uncheck the notify orders department for each order before changing the status to shipped.

We still could not get what was suggested here to work. To get the option taken off at the point where we change each order (on the popup), I had to remove the following code:

{capture name="list_items"}
{if $notify}

• {/if}
    {if $notify_department}

• {/if}
    {if $notify_supplier}

• {/if}
    {/capture}

…from skins/basic/admin/common_templates/select_popup.tpl

I'm not for sure if this was the best way as it ended up completely removing the request to contact “orders department” or the customer from the popup. All I know is it seems to work so far. I did this on CS 2.2.3-Pro.