how to sort the Manufacturers list

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to sort my manufacturers sidebox…–>

http://nutritiontarget.com

thanks in advance

in your admin, on the left in the categorys side box , click on manufactururs, then the list comes up, they all have little boxes on thier left with a 0 in it, you can sort them by putting numbers in them, 5,10, 15 etc,

otherwise it sorts alphabetically

hope that helps

[quote name=‘zoom4267’]in your admin, on the left in the categorys side box , click on manufactururs, then the list comes up, they all have little boxes on thier left with a 0 in it, you can sort them by putting numbers in them, 5,10, 15 etc,

otherwise it sorts alphabetically

hope that helps[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply…

But first i have like 2000 manufacturers so it is impossible to set them manually…

Thats the reason i want them sorted automatically.But there arent sort alphabetically as you said…

Any suggestions?

2000, wow thats alot! i do beleive that if you do not number them it will sort alphabetically, if you want them sorted another way, other than manually numbering them, i do not know. mabey someone else can lend a hand

[quote name=‘zoom4267’]2000, wow thats alot! i do beleive that if you do not number them it will sort alphabetically, if you want them sorted another way, other than manually numbering them, i do not know. mabey someone else can lend a hand[/QUOTE]

Yup there are a lot…

Check them on http://nutritiontarget.com

Check the Language Tab and then Set Encoding to windost-1251…

The manufacturers sidebox is on the left…

Any ideas?

hmmmm, all i know is if you leave the number in the box set to “0” it sorts them alphabetically. other than that i have manually sorted mine but i dont have anywhere near that many.

From a usability point of view, a select menu with 2000 choices is hard to find anything and even harder if they are not sorted alphabetically.

Perhaps just design your own manufacturers page, sort them into alphabetical blocks and have short html links to each grouping of manufacturers.

Otherwise, I imagine you would have to make an sql file and add it that way. Need to know some sql and look at your db to see how they are stored.

[quote name=‘Tail’s’]From a usability point of view, a select menu with 2000 choices is hard to find anything and even harder if they are not sorted alphabetically.

Perhaps just design your own manufacturers page, sort them into alphabetical blocks and have short html links to each grouping of manufacturers.

Otherwise, I imagine you would have to make an sql file and add it that way. Need to know some sql and look at your db to see how they are stored.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response…

I will make a dhtml menu…

Its a lot of work but with some PERL it shouldn`t be a problem :slight_smile:

P.S thanks for the idea