How to show product code on page of products

I know there is a place to do it but I cant find it.

How do I show the product code when a customer opens a category and has all the products listed?

Ive looked all over the “administrator” and “settings” tabs.

I want the codes listed under the images.

Guess you didn't find a solution for this (looking at your store, your just adding the SKU to the product names - no ideal). I'll dig into editing the templates now and [try to] get back with a solution.

Hmmm - fixed ( see http://jd2.com.au/ )

Instructions for [color=#404040]4.0.3[/color]

“Design” > “Themes” and then “Template editor” on the theme you want to change.

Then use the files menu to navigate to the 'product_list_templates' directory ( {theme_name} / templates / blocks / product_list_templates / ) and then change 'show_sku' to 'true' in both 'products_without_options.tpl' and 'short_list.tpl'. Saving changes on both.

Next, edit 'products_multicolumns.tpl' and add 'show_sku=true' to the list of options and save the change.

Now you need to change the view to output the code on this last layout option. Edit '{theme_name} / templates / blocks / list_templates / grid_list.tpl' and add the following code somewhere in the 'product-title-wrap' block - I put it between the name and the ratings block.

{assign var="sku" value="sku_$obj_id"}
{$smarty.capture.$sku nofilter}

Volia, check the changes worked in the store front.

[quote name='mountainash' timestamp='1384901486' post='171955']

Guess you didn't find a solution for this (looking at your store, your just adding the SKU to the product names - no ideal). I'll dig into editing the templates now and [try to] get back with a solution.

[/quote]

Well that was actually done before that issue arrised.

We did that for SEO reasons.

I still would like to find a way to add the product code to the products so when you do a search you can see the product codes.

mountainash: I dont have 4.0.3. Im still running 3.0.3

[quote name='mountainash' timestamp='1384903412' post='171958']

Hmmm - fixed ( see [url=“http://jd2.com.au/”]http://jd2.com.au/[/url] )

Instructions for [color=#404040]4.0.3[/color]

“Design” > “Themes” and then “Template editor” on the theme you want to change.

Then use the files menu to navigate to the 'product_list_templates' directory ( {theme_name} / templates / blocks / product_list_templates / ) and then change 'show_sku' to 'true' in both 'products_without_options.tpl' and 'short_list.tpl'. Saving changes on both.

Next, edit 'products_multicolumns.tpl' and add 'show_sku=true' to the list of options and save the change.

Now you need to change the view to output the code on this last layout option. Edit '{theme_name} / templates / blocks / list_templates / grid_list.tpl' and add the following code somewhere in the 'product-title-wrap' block - I put it between the name and the ratings block.

{assign var="sku" value="sku_$obj_id"}
{$smarty.capture.$sku nofilter}

Volia, check the changes worked in the store front.

[/quote]

This is perfect. Is there anyway to change the order in which these appear? I would like to move the SKU down in the product page.

Thanks

Work on 4.2.4