How to show latest new product list?

hI.

I’d like to show latest new product list in specific category.

example, the title is " Weekly New Item", and always shows resent 7days items

who do you know about this mod?

I only knows one thing you can change the option on Design - Block and than edit featured products on filling option choose “Newest”.

Does this work? I think it doesn’t work very well, I added my products one by one manually. The newly added products do show up on the homepage, but only from one category,… newly added products in another category just refuse to show up in the newest listing on homepage, why?

Than there is something wrong you have done because my all new products shows normally on homepage

[quote name=‘miracles’]Than there is something wrong you have done because my all new products shows normally on homepage[/QUOTE]

I doubt that… but I will check, again (although I have checked numerous times).

Also, what do you think might went wrong in my setup… it looks pretty straight forward to me… :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you try this method

Block :

Click Add Block

Block Content : Product

Filling : Newest

Set Specific Settings

Set Appearance type

Click Okay.

[quote name=‘miracles’]Have you try this method

Block :

Click Add Block

Block Content : Product

Filling : Newest

Set Specific Settings

Set Appearance type

Click Okay.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have done that, I didn’t add any block as I simply changed on the “Featured Products” block on the homepage.

Newly added products do appear in the homepage Featured Products block, but not always. It seems like products I added in a particular category has a higher chance of appearing in the newest list, but it’s not 100% in DESC order (newest/latest on top), sometimes it appears in the middle… kind of random. Products added in other categories do not seems to appear in this newest list.

Weird.

Also, any idea what’s the sorting criteria of the DEFAULT sorting? :rolleyes: