How to setup flat rate shipping in v1.3.5 ?

Greetings - On a CS-Cart v1.3.5 based website I am creating I want to charge $5.00 flat rate shipping/handling for each order. The shipping engine seems to be tied to the weight of an item, but I don’t care about that.

How do I setup flat rate shipping in the Admin tool? I’ve tried a number of things under the “Shipping Methods” area, but I can’t seem to find a solution. Seems like it should be under one of the dependency areas?

Can anyone help me out with this?

THANKS!

You are on the right track.

You setup a flat-rate shipping cost using a manual shipping method. In the Shipping Methods screen, select a destination and then set up the flat rate in any one of the dependencies. For instance, you could use items greater than 0 have a cost of $5 ABSOLUTE or you could say weight greater than .01 pounds have a cost of $5 - these are equivalent in terms of the shipping charge.

Make sure you use only one of the dependencies to define your shipping charge or the amounts will be added together.

Bob

Bob - Thank you for the quick reply. So I setup a new shipping method called “Flat Rate Shipping”, selected USA as the destination, and setup a cost dependency so that orders of more than $1 have a $5.00 charge added - at least that’s what i tried to do…

In checkout (one page checkout) the shipping method correctly shows “Flat Rate Shipping” but the amount shows $0.00.

I have attached a picture of my admin setup for this shipping method - can you please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks Again!

Mark

flatrateshipping.jpg

Bob - Nevermind… I had to clear out my shopping cart, re-add the item, and go back into checkout again - now it’s working :slight_smile:

Thanks A LOT!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!