How to Set Manufacturers in CS-Cart 2.1.2

[quote name=‘flasher’]almost from the beggining[/QUOTE]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No, not “almost”, just “2.1.4 [SIZE=“3”]BC[/SIZE]”!

So, how many licenses have you? Old (lifetime) and new?

Lee Li Pop

[QUOTE] I just hope and pray by the time we can fly around backend they do not change the admin area structure[/QUOTE]

Lol Flasher, they are changing the Admin interface at this very moment! (There is another thread with current discussions of this.)

But at least some of you creatures of habit do realize that change is good, as long as it is good change (and that does appear to be the case in the current re-design in the works), right!

Incredible.

I cannot display my new “Manufacturer” block for my new website :evil:

Please, make it easier.

Lee Li Pop

Design > Blocks > Add a Block

Name: Manufacturer

Block content: Product Filter

Filling: Filters

Specific settings: (click on link)

[SIZE=“4”]Show: EMPTY drop down list :frowning: [/SIZE]

Group: Left column

Appearance type:Extented

Wrapper: sidebox_general.tpl

Block width: (blank)

Click on Create button

NOTHING!

Please, CS-Cart team, help me, I am lost in your maze.

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Please, CS-Cart team, help me, I am lost in your maze.

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

Lee if you can start playing with the latest version so you can identify the logo too on the manufacture ?

Lee Li,

I’ve attached a zip that contains 5 screen shots on how to do this. I’m more of a visual kind of guy so the screen shots work better for me.

The order that they are in would be if you were creating a brand new feature and having to assign it to each product. If you already have the features and they are assigned, then this part might not matter. You still might want to review them though since you are having difficulties. Sometimes the stupidest thing can be overlooked.

Anyways, hope it helps.

Brandon

Hello Miracle, Hello Brandon,

Thank you so much for teaching me how to use 2.x, me who use 1.3.5…

Brandon, your 5 pictures help me perfectly. Tonight, I can do the official Grand Opening of my new website.

Thank you so much,

Lee Li Pop

Cheers Brandon

we also used the button image codes for 1.3.5 and works great so this should be easy and the CS cart admin area is probably due for a cosmetic change anyways and look forward to changes because I know it will have or will have features we need and use

Sorry Guys if I am being stupid, but can we have it as a dropdown or not?

JOhn

Hello John,

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Sorry Guys if I am being stupid, but can we have it as a dropdown or not?

JOhn[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I really don’t know…

Brandon? Any idea?

Lee Li Pop

There isn’t a way to do this right out of the box with CS-Cart.

I know there is a post on here somewhere that has a mod to do this. I also think there is a post on Snorocket’s forum that also has a mod for this.

It would be cool if CS-Cart would make this an option though.

Sorry about the bad news,

Brandon

Thanks Guys

John

I think it is not very easy to setup Manufacturers and use FILTER options of products and categories.

I hope after the link posted by

[quote]Lee Li Pop

Banned

… I can do the job.

http://kb2.cs-cart.com/manufacturer#1

In my case, I want (if possible) that when my costumer visits a CATEGORY of SUBCATEGORY, he can FILTER products inside that category by MANUFACTURERS.

For example:

I click in NOTEBOOKS link and I think could be very useful to see NOTEBOOKS' BRANDS (Sony Vaio, Apple, Acer, Dell, …). I think people usually like a BRAND and want to filter to see products from that specific brand.

I could see there is a “new” Manufacturer Addon in the version 2.2.2.

I see Snow's addon, but it is not what I need.

I am curious about why a member with more than 900 posts was banned. Is something about have doubts about Manufacturer's feature?

[quote]Lee Li Pop

[size=“5”]Banned[/size]

Have a nice week!

To answer the post above…

What you want is quite simple, you don't need an add-on at all.

First make sure you have a feature called Brand or Manufacturer. Within this feature you can make variants. These should be your brand / manufacturer names.

Next setup your products to have a brand (edit product, click on feature, choose brand.

Then make a block and call it Filter By or something else of your liking.

Choose Block Content: Product Filters

Filling: Dynamic

You can now filter by brands.

This might seem a difficult way to do it, but it is actually very smart. Because while for some people the brand might be important, for other it will be a completely different feature.

So the cool thing is, you can make many filters. Let's say you are in NOTEBOOKS and your notebooks have filters setup by screen size. You can easily filter ot the 15" notebooks.

About Lee's banning. That had nothing to do with this, the reason was an offending post to another member if I remember correctly.

If you wanna see an example of the filters, send me a PM and I will send you my page where you can check it out.

[quote]I am curious about why a member with more than 900 posts was banned[/quote]

Because 899 of them were angry & malicious attacks on totally innocent people such as myself! :D

And it was in 2008! :)