How to Send An Automatic eMail to the Abandoned Shopping Carts?

I know I would never purchase or visit a site if they sent me an email like that. I would find it very intrusive that they were tracking me while I was shopping on their site. This is the dangerous and slippery slope to follow when talking about abandoned carts. I think the risk of pissing off current and future customers easily out ways the benefits.

…but you peeking through that hole in the wall makes me nervous too! :) Are you watching us? Someone is watching…

It kind of reminds you when you go to site and a “live help” pops up and ask if I have any questions. How do they know I am there?

Someone is watching…

I guess it’s kind of like when you search for something on Google and then for the next few days they keep showing you ads on different sites about what you searched for.

Someone is watching…

Or what about every time you go to Amazon and they show you previous things you have viewed and suggestions.

Someone is watching…

So when someone comes to a site, they put stuff in a cart and they are a registered user or they saved it as a “wishlist” and they send you an email asking if you had any questions.

Someone is watching…

I’m sure some people that will not “like” one of the “can I help you” emails, but those are probably the same people who would not register or put something on a wish list or even give you their email in the first place.

BTW, it is ironic how use the cool “spying” eyeball.

Ok, well I am using 2.1.4 and although there seems not to be an automated email function for abandoned carts that have email info recorded, There is the newsletter function that allows you to send the Newsletter email to [Customers with abandoned:] cart (and/or wishlist).

At first, I thought it did not work, But you need to set the

older than "0"days to at least “1”

otherwise you get the warning: “Newsletter hasn't been sent because no recipients were found matching the selected criteria.”

Would be nice to see CS Cart's reply on this…

There is a lot of functionality and ROI conversion tools missing in the product compared to Magento and BigCommerce

A shopping cart should allow automatic conversion and assist the shop owner in these tasks.

There should be a list of 20 - 30 ROI conversion tools which you can just select and enable in CS Cart and then the engine does the rest…

Exmaples:

Auto Emails to those who have not shopped in 30 days

Auto emails to abandoned carts

etc…