How to rollback from 2.1 to 2.0.15?

anyone can help?

In upgrade centre click installed updates then click…revert.

John

Thanks!

When I try doing this it fails halfway through and then my store is completely unusable. The database remains usable but all the files are half restored and I need to completely install CS-Cart and configure it to work with the old database. How can I revert back without it failing?

[quote name=‘hfield’]When I try doing this it fails halfway through and then my store is completely unusable. The database remains usable but all the files are half restored and I need to completely install CS-Cart and configure it to work with the old database. How can I revert back without it failing?[/quote]

Get your host to restore a backup of your store, and database.

This means that your store, email, files, settings, EVERYTHING will be exactly as they were (as far back as you have backups).

‘Reverting’ just means ‘restore backup’ so you will not have todays orders available when the database is either reverted or if you host restores it.

J.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Get your host to restore a backup of your store, and database.

This means that your store, email, files, settings, EVERYTHING will be exactly as they were (as far back as you have backups).

‘Reverting’ just means ‘restore backup’ so you will not have todays orders available when the database is either reverted or if you host restores it.

J.[/QUOTE]

I can’t. Our backup of the database was lost due to human error. It’s frustrating, but it’s gone. CS-Cart, for “revert” purposes, does not seem to make a complete backup of the database. Does anyone know if I’m wrong about that? Any other ideas?

[quote]

When I try doing this it fails halfway through

[/quote]

And the failure is…?

The cart will generally backup the tables that were modified during the upgrade in:

var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.15-2.1.0.tgz/

This is a directory, so ignore the ‘.tgz’ name they used (stupid).

In that directory is a directory named ‘backup’. Inside that directory is a file named uc.sql.

That file IS the backup of the tables that were modified during the upgrade. You can import it into phpMyAdmin or you can copy it to:

var/database/backup/my_old.sql

And then use the Admin panel database restore to execute it.