How to remove an image from template.

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the flower displayed on this page REMOVED

I want to remove it from the template but have no idea how to do that.

Yep i’m very new to CS Cart haha

/skins/flower_shop/customer/styles.css

Line: 364

.helper-block {
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
background:transparent url(images/top_banner.png) no-repeat scroll left top;
display:block;
height:179px;
position:absolute;
right:0;
top:25px;
width:150px;
z-index:8;

}
Change with:

/*.helper-block {
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
background:transparent url(images/top_banner.png) no-repeat scroll left top;
display:block;
height:179px;
position:absolute;
right:0;
top:25px;
width:150px;
z-index:8;

}*/

Sorry for the question, but did you pay for the template? How much?

Hi.

No I didn’t pay for the template. It’s just one that’s included with the package.

I’m trying to figure out how I can modify it to my taste. I’m planning on changing all the colours and adding some eye candy. The trouble is I have no idea where to start. I can happily design graphics etc but I have no way of implementing them at the moment.

It seems like lots of documents are linked together to perform one task. Not something i’m use to as I normally use HTML. I just hope I can learn it quick as my client wants the cart before christmas. OUCH

I have no idea why there is loads and loads of .tpl files. All I was expecting was a couple of pages,an image folder, and a CSS file to configure the styles. Then I could have opened the files in dreamweaver and moved a few things about…and then I could have used adobe photoshop to create some nice graphics. Doesn’t look like it’s going to be that easy now though.

It sorta comes down to cost though. I can use interspire with ease, but the cost just wasn’t feasible. Now the CS Cart cost is feasible but it seems like a massive pain to learn.

and I commented the code out in the styles.css file but it still shows on the webpage :frowning:

EDIT: Nevermind I managed to remove the image. I was uploading the styles.css to the wrong location haha.

EDIT 2:

Is there any way I can use my own image in the whole section where I have “The Pet Experience” in the white box. I would like to manually modify each section with my own graphics, rather than using solid colors CSS. Purely because I want to create some graphics in photoshop.

If you know how I can do this then I think I can manage to modify each section with my own graphics then.

thanks

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]and I commented the code out in the styles.css file but it still shows on the webpage :frowning:

EDIT: Nevermind I managed to remove the image. I was uploading the styles.css to the wrong location haha.[/quote]

you have to clear the cache

Do you know what I would need to do to modify the whole section that has the white box with “The Pet Experience”

I basically want to create something in photoshop that will fill the whole of that section.

if I can work this out then i’m sure I can modify stuff section by section.

[quote]It sorta comes down to cost though. I can use interspire with ease, but the cost just wasn’t feasible. Now the CS Cart cost is feasible but it seems like a massive pain to learn.[/quote]And what you think, which template system use INTERSPIRE???

You may guess.

I worked with Interspire and it is none a bit easier as CS Cart.

haha I didn’t realise. Maybe I just need to spend some time working things out.

I suppose I can do most stuff in styles.css???

Do you know how I would modify the following code so I could use my own image, rather than a html color code. Many thanks

#header .quick-links {
background-color: #FF9933;
border-bottom: 1px solid #870843;
padding: 6px 9px 9px 9px;
}

EDIT: And how do you know what each section is in the styles.css file. Is there an easy way of finding out or do you basically just have to perform trial and error?. Thanks

jbenitos,

To change the header check out:

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14070”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14070[/URL]

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Funny, you posted while I was typing.

As for the styles, download firebug for Firefox. This tool is hugely important.

Brandon

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully I can put it all together and use my knowledge to work out how to configure the template :slight_smile:

If I also wanted to merge the 2nd and 3rd section in this template REMOVED into one and then us my own image then would this also be possible?

thanks

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]haha I didn’t realise. Maybe I just need to spend some time working things out.

I suppose I can do most stuff in styles.css???

Do you know how I would modify the following code so I could use my own image, rather than a html color code. Many thanks

#header .quick-links {
background-color: #FF9933;
border-bottom: 1px solid #870843;
padding: 6px 9px 9px 9px;
}
EDIT: And how do you know what each section is in the styles.css file. Is there an easy way of finding out or do you basically just have to perform trial and error?. Thanks[/quote]

Use Firebug and Firefox Browser

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]Thanks for all the info. Hopefully I can put it all together and use my knowledge to work out how to configure the template :slight_smile:

If I also wanted to merge the 2nd and 3rd section in this template [URL]Loading... into one and then us my own image then would this also be possible?

thanks[/quote]

What is the 2nd and 3rd section?

I’m not following you I guess. What do you mean by second and third sections?

A screenshot of what you want would help a ton.

Brandon

Freakin Indy. Are you trying to race? I’ll bet your quicker. Oh well.

Brandon

I’ve really messed it up now haha…REMOVED

It seems like following your advice to modify the top has gone wrong :slight_smile:

Also the links at the top have vanished as well. I know it’s a bit silly the picture but i’m just trying to test things and see how it all works.

not only that but the image isn’t even central.

EDIT: Changing it back to the default. I give up on that idea. My brain just isn’t gonna cope :frowning:

Basically what i’m trying to achieve is something similar to REMOVED

I want to stretch the colors across the whole of the screen, and want to be able to incorporate my fade effect.

I understand that this is rather basic and rubbish at the moment but i’m just trying to see if it’s possible.

thanks

EDIT: WOOHOOO I’ve managed to change the top bit to orange [url]Loading... hahahaah

All things are about trying… It seems you want to make a template designer guide here…

Yep…

So how would I go about using my images for everything below the top orange bit?.

Is there something I would need to put in the styles.css file?

thanks