How to remove a Profile?

How to remove a Profile?

Foe example a customer has a main profile and then creates 2 more and wants to remove one of the new profiles and change the other new one to be the main profile and delete the old main profile.

I am sure the answer is simple but what is it?..

I don’t think you can remove the main profile. You would need to change the information on the main profile manually. You can then delete the other profile by clicking the red ‘x’ right behind the profile name.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I don’t think you can remove the main profile. You would need to change the information on the main profile manually. You can then delete the other profile by clicking the red ‘x’ right behind the profile name.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Aha… the red X is the secret?

Thank you,

I shall try.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Aha… the red X is the secret?

Thank you,

I shall try.[/quote]

I am not sure where the red X is.

I see a star but clicking on it does nothing…

It is in the line that displays the available profiles or allows you to create a new one. Here is a grab from the admin:

[url]http://idisk.mac.com/jobosales/Public/profile_delete.png[/url]

You can do the same in the storefront.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]It is in the line that displays the available profiles or allows you to create a new one. Here is a grab from the admin:

[URL]http://idisk.mac.com/jobosales/Public/profile_delete.png[/URL]

You can do the same in the storefront.

Bob[/quote]

Bob,

Thank you for the screenshot

I do not have the X that you mention…

[quote name=‘Traveler’]I do not have the X that you mention…[/QUOTE]

Is there more than one profile created for the account? You cannot delete the main profile.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Is there more than one profile created for the account? You cannot delete the main profile.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Yes, in the example that I am looking at there are 3 profiles: Main plus two more.

I have manually updated the main one so that is ok but I need to delete the other two.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Yes, in the example that I am looking at there are 3 profiles: Main plus two more.

I have manually updated the main one so that is ok but I need to delete the other two.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the problem could be. I tested both a 2.0.12 install and an upgraded 2.0.14 install that started as 2.0.4 and both display the little red ‘x’. I checked the settings and there is nothing that would seem to influence this except for enabling/disabling multiple profiles. Are you trying to delete these in the admin or storefront?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Not sure what the problem could be. I tested both a 2.0.12 install and an upgraded 2.0.14 install that started as 2.0.4 and both display the little red ‘x’. I checked the settings and there is nothing that would seem to influence this except for enabling/disabling multiple profiles. Are you trying to delete these in the admin or storefront?

Bob[/QUOTE]

I am trying to delete in the admin area.

In the storefront I would need to create a new password to login to the customers account which I prefer not to.

Thank you for checking for me - much appreciated.

I am pretty much stumped. I am not sure what I am overlooking. I thought it might be happening because an order was placed using the second profile but I just checked that and it made no difference.

The unneeded profiles are easy enough to delete directly in the database but I am sure you would rather resolve the problem with the option to delete not being available. Have you tried creating a new profile for a new user and seeing if you can delete it? It could be the result of something not being updated properly in the DB.

Bob

Ok I tested with a new user and the X showed up and worked.

Thank you!