How To Regain Product Tabs After Upgrading From 2.2.4 To 4.1.4

Hello,

After upgrading from 2.2.4 to 4.1.4 (4.1.4 is currently in a sub-directory of the live store and is not live) all of my product tabs were missing except for description. I had product tabs for options (some options are standalone products), additional descriptions, “Products You May be Interested In”, Send to a Friend and others. They were by product and some applied to all. The ones in the “Products You May be Interested In” are now listed vertically below the product description. How do I get them back into a Tab.

I do have the check box checked in the Admin to show product details in tabs.

Is there a systematic way to fix all the products so that the product tabs that were in 2.2.4 will be applied to 4.1.4? Hopefully, not one at a time.

I also noticed in the new product tab set up is that you can set products to be excluded from tabs, but wouldn't ti be easier to have a list of products that you want to have the tabs applied to rather then have to select all the products you don't what them applied to.

Thanks you,

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1399813438' post='183284']

Hello,

After upgrading from 2.2.4 to 4.1.4 (4.1.4 is currently in a sub-directory of the live store and is not live) all of my product tabs were missing except for description. I had product tabs for options (some options are standalone products), additional descriptions, “Products You May be Interested In”, Send to a Friend and others. They were by product and some applied to all. The ones in the “Products You May be Interested In” are now listed vertically below the product description. How do I get them back into a Tab.

I do have the check box checked in the Admin to show product details in tabs.

Is there a systematic way to fix all the products so that the product tabs that were in 2.2.4 will be applied to 4.1.4? Hopefully, not one at a time.

I also noticed in the new product tab set up is that you can set products to be excluded from tabs, but wouldn't ti be easier to have a list of products that you want to have the tabs applied to rather then have to select all the products you don't what them applied to.

Thanks you,

Bob

[/quote]

It is default behavior of the Store Import add-on (please check the “From CS-Cart 2.2.4/2.2.5” section):

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

All custom tabs should be added manually.

ecomlabs,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid of that. This comes to about 1500 missing product tabs I have to configure manually before going live. That's about a year or more.

Not sure if worth going to 4.1.4 from 2.2.5. It's like starting all over again.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1399888210' post='183335']

ecomlabs,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid of that. This comes to about 1500 missing product tabs I have to configure manually before going live. That's about a year or more.

Not sure if worth going to 4.1.4 from 2.2.5. It's like starting all over again.

[/quote]

If you are interested, we can examine your old database and transfer the content of these tabs. To receive a quote, please contact us at Online-shop and marketplace Development from e-commerce experts eCom Labs

Thank you for your response,

It's more complicated than transferring content to the missing tabs. The contents that was in the tab that had suggested products, is that all the suggested products, up to 15 are now located vertically located under the product description. What makes it worse, it that they have the options, but no add to cart button. All of these would also have to be removed.on a per product basis.

I don't think its worth it.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1399892012' post='183339']

Thank you for your response,

It's more complicated than transferring content to the missing tabs. The contents that was in the tab that had suggested products, is that all the suggested products, up to 15 are now located vertically located under the product description. What makes it worse, it that they have the options, but no add to cart button. All of these would also have to be removed.on a per product basis.

I don't think its worth it.

Bob

[/quote]

Yes, this is not a trivial task, but if this information is valuable for you, we can find a solution.