How to re-order in Admin?

Hello,

how to generate a new order based on the information provided in old order?

Sometimes repeat customers ring up and ask to order the same items again so if there is any option to create a new order from the old order, that would help.

IR

Locate customer in admin panel>Act on Behalf of>View their prior orders to locate order>Re-order This Order

[quote name=‘Struck’]Locate customer in admin panel>Act on Behalf of>View their prior orders to locate order>Re-order This Order[/QUOTE]

Yeah but in out of hours, the customer should be able to fix their own mistake. I they are allowed to rectify their card details they shpuld be able to fix their billing address

Or is there are reason for not being able to amend the billing address on a failed pay,ment?

Yes, but that isn’t from the admin side, I really would like to be able to this also because sometimes I have to create special orders with non standard prices and my clients usually ask again for the exact same orders, but it’s not possible to do this kind of re-orders from the client side because the prices change back to the standard ones :frowning: .

“Struck” that might work for registered customers only…!

[QUOTE]“Struck” that might work for registered customers only…![/QUOTE]

It will work for Registered customers only (re: Un-Registered users, just one more reason why we do not even allow the “Checkout as Guest” option).

Really depends mostly on the type of business & customer base you have as to if this is a good idea or not…

Hi EQ,

[QUOTE]Yes, but that isn’t from the admin side, I really would like to be able to this also because sometimes I have to create special orders with non standard prices and my clients usually ask again for the exact same orders, but it’s not possible to do this kind of re-orders from the client side because the prices change back to the standard ones .[/QUOTE]

If you have to make changes to the item pricing, changes to shipping charges, option combinations, etc., then the whole concept of “quick re-order from existing order” isn’t really a viable option anyways IMO. :wink:

In that case it would be easier/faster to just create the new order from the admin side & search for the individual customer to apply to the new order (at least all of their address particulars are quickly loaded into the order). But then again, if you allow the “Checkout as Guest” option, then you won’t be able to locate any of the guest customers which placed orders in the past & must start all over from scratch for them.