How to move PRODUCTS to another CATEGORY

After changing the “categories” tree, how do we proceed to move several PRODUCTS together from original “category” to the new one?

It can be done one by one: after selecting the products, for every product you have to click on the “main categories” icon and after having open every level, you can fianly select the new “category”. Quite a long process…

Did I miss anything?

Is this the way?

Export products - delete categories on site - edit categories in CSV - re-Import?

Thanks

If you want to move ALL the products under that cateogry to another new category, I will suggest renaming the category itself.

For example:

Category A have only Product 1,2,3 under it.

but you wish to put all products under Category A, in this case, Product 1,2,3 under the category Category New///Category B instead.

You can change category A to Cateogry New///Category B by going to the admin area, click on Catalog->Categories, click on the “Category A”

and rename “Category A” to “Category B” and at the Location field, select “Cateogry New”

==========================================

If you just want to move a portion of products from Category A to Category New///Category B instead, at Product Search, search for products under Category A.

Check to select the products you wished re-categorize, or click on “Select All” if you wish.

• Click on “Choose action” next to the “Save” button.
  • Click on “Edit Selected”
  • Click on “Unselect all” in the popup lightbox window
  • Check/Select the fields “Main categories” and “Secondary categories”
  • Click on “Modify Selected” button
  • Click on “Apply values to all selected products” link (that is found under the Update products title)
  • Check/Tick the checkbox next to the “Main Categories” and “Secondary categories” fields. (Do not check other fields, such as product name, availability if you do not wish to change them)
  • Make your changes.
  • Click on “Apply”

The changes you’ve made will be made to the all products you’ve selected.

Thanks a lot nodame.

This is the one I missed:

Hi there, I am having a problem doing this in the latest version 2.2.1 . When I select the category I want to add the selected products to and click on Apply nothing happens, all the products remain in the same category they were. Is anyone else having this problem??

I would really like to get it fixed a.s.a.p

Hello fuego2,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

Export the products into Excel, change your category and then re-import. This should work.