How To Move Description To Bottom Of Category Page?

Hi Guys,

I need some help trying to move my descriptions to the bottom of my products on the edit category pages. Currently the default places the content on the top. Or better yet, I'd love to be able to place content on the top of my products (as in default) and at the bottom. I'm wanting to place relevant content for SEO purposes, but don't want a huge article taking up the first half of my page. I rather my products be seen first.

Just to be clear, I included a screen shot of the text (description on edit category page) I want to move to the bottom, or even have the option to have text on top and bottom.

Thank you in advance!

ss2.jpg

Hello,

In order to move the category description to the bottom, open the design/themes/[YOUR_THEME]/templates/views/categories/view.tpl file in your CS-Cart installation and relocate the following part of code:

{if $category_data.description && $category_data.description != ""}

{$category_data.description nofilter}

{/if}

below this one:

```php {elseif !$subcategories || $show_no_products_block}

{__("text_no_products")}

{else}

{/if}
```
Clear the template cache of your store and you should see the changes. I hope this will help you.

Thank you so much, I'll give that a try! Also, do you know how to have this at the top and bottom? Maybe two different description boxes?

I only ask this because some pages, I may want to content on the top.

[quote name='joshin' timestamp='1405628208' post='187744']

Thank you so much, I'll give that a try! Also, do you know how to have this at the top and bottom? Maybe two different description boxes?

I only ask this because some pages, I may want to content on the top.

[/quote]

How do you plan to separate these categories?

I would imagine creating two areas for content. One block for content at top of page, the other at bottom. My idea is to have some opening dialog at top and more details at the bottom.

Hello,

[quote name='joshin' timestamp='1405709528' post='187804']

I would imagine creating two areas for content. One block for content at top of page, the other at bottom. My idea is to have some opening dialog at top and more details at the bottom.

[/quote]

Some more complex additional code modifications are required in order to implement this. Our engineers can help you on a paid basis if you are interested.

[quote name='joshin' timestamp='1405709528' post='187804']

[/quote]

Actually these changes are not too complex. Feel free to contact us