How to merge two customer accounts?

Example customer orders today and creates an aco****.

Next month he orders again and forgets about his old account and creates a new one.

I need to have all customer order history on one account.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you!

Any luck with this?

Or has anyone come up with a way, or made modifications, to link customer accounts? Possibly allowing multiple 'linked' customers to view each others orders.

eg. When multiple people from the same organisation create orders using different cs-cart customer accounts.

Example customer orders today and creates an aco****.

Next month he orders again and forgets about his old account and creates a new one.

I need to have all customer order history on one account.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you!

Any luck with this?

Or has anyone come up with a way, or made modifications, to link customer accounts? Possibly allowing multiple 'linked' customers to view each others orders.

eg. When multiple people from the same organisation create orders using different cs-cart customer accounts.

Unfortunately, some PHP code changes are required to be made to implement this feature. You can make them yourself (if you know PHP) or hire a third-party developer.

Any luck with this?

You can enable the 'Allow users to create multiple profiles for one account' setting and modify the user_profiles DB table so that all involved profiles will be connected to one user. But this does not help with viewing all orders placed by these customers. Because orders are stored in the orders DB table with user_id filled in.

Any luck with this?

I am afraid, it is not possible in CS-Cart. If you need this modification, feel free to contact us

Hi,

I just wanted to see if or how other people have achieved something similar.

I'm a developer so I have already started on my own mod.

Thanks Simtech, I've already played around with multiple profiles, but yeah it doesn't help with the viewing of other account orders. I may go back to profiles if I end up wanting the linked users to share all their shipping profiles.

thanks

Thanks Simtech, I've already played around with multiple profiles, but yeah it doesn't help with the viewing of other account orders. I may go back to profiles if I end up wanting the linked users to share all their shipping profiles.

There is the user_id field stored in the ?:orders table. When you view the orders of any customer, the filter is applied according to this field. The best and rough solution is to change this values. Or to develop a modification, in which you will create a sort of 'super-user' with the list of user_ids. And if order's user_id is among the user_ids of some super-user, this order will be included in the list. Something like that (if you do not want to play around profiles).

Thanks simtech

That’s what I’ve already done …Created my own addon with new separate table linking the user_ids to each other

At the moment I’m just adding in user_id links in the table directly, but it’s working pretty well in the front end.

Next I have to work on the backend interface so admin staff can do the linking themselves. Whether that happens in the cs-cart admin panel or our external customer system, I haven’t decided yet.