How To Import Tracking Numbers In To

I am trying to figure out how to be able to import tracking numbers back in to CS from any shipping program (Worldship, Endicia, etc). Last year we were using an old version of storefront.net and it had this capability, but I've never figured out how to do it in CS-Cart. I know that I can export the orders from the shippers programs (Worldship, Dazzle, etc.) and from a 3rd party solution we use, but I can't seem to figure out how to import a simple .csv back in to CS-Cart that includes order id, shipping method and tracking number. It just seems like there should be an easy way to do this and I am wondering if I am looking right past it.

We are currently using shipping kit on a couple of sites, but they are limited because they do not allow us to print labels for Fedex Smartpost. We actually use Writeitonce to import in to Quickbooks which would also allow us to export the tracking info if we can figure out how to import it in to CS-Cart.

We have also looked at many other third part programs like Shipgear, Shipworks and Readyshipper, but we would still need a way to import in to CS.

Finally, we know that Webgility and Atandra have solutions that allow tracking numbers to be put back in to CS, but again, it just seems there should be a way to simply import tracking info back in to orders.

Hello Clips, [quote name='clips' timestamp='1308711221' post='115476']

I am trying to figure out how to be able to import tracking numbers back in to CS from any shipping program (Worldship, Endicia, etc). Last year we were using an old version of storefront.net and it had this capability, but I've never figured out how to do it in CS-Cart. I know that I can export the orders from the shippers programs (Worldship, Dazzle, etc.) and from a 3rd party solution we use, but I can't seem to figure out how to import a simple .csv back in to CS-Cart that includes order id, shipping method and tracking number. It just seems like there should be an easy way to do this and I am wondering if I am looking right past it.

We are currently using shipping kit on a couple of sites, but they are limited because they do not allow us to print labels for Fedex Smartpost. We actually use Writeitonce to import in to Quickbooks which would also allow us to export the tracking info if we can figure out how to import it in to CS-Cart.

We have also looked at many other third part programs like Shipgear, Shipworks and Readyshipper, but we would still need a way to import in to CS.

Finally, we know that Webgility and Atandra have solutions that allow tracking numbers to be put back in to CS, but again, it just seems there should be a way to simply import tracking info back in to orders.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, there is no such an ability in the standard CS-Cart installation. Some PHP code changes are required to be made. You can make them by yourself or hire a third -party developer or I suggest that you should consider our custom development service.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks for the reply. At least I know I'm not going crazy because I couldn't figure it out how to import them. I guess we just got used to using Shipping Kit and now we are trying to find something that allows us to ship via Fedex Smartpost too. So as we look at the many different options it kind of surprises me that so many others have the ability to import the tracking number and CS-Cart does not. Not to mention one of our old shopping cards has allowed us to import since at least 2004, but I believe it may have been a mod that allowed us to do it then. Either way, I am surprised there are not more people who import tracking numbers back in. To do them manually is time consuming and repetitive, especially in today's world of automation.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1308762418' post='115523']

To do them manually is time consuming and repetitive, especially in today's world of automation.

[/quote]

Did you find a solution how to import back to cs-cart tracking numbers?

Thanks.

Nope, we have not finalized a solution yet. We are looking at http://fedex.shiprush.com/ and possibly having someone use their “developer tool” to create mod for us. We were in talks a new company that creates CS-Cart mods but at first they didn't allow us to use a credit card and they kind of beat around the bush and did nothing. So we may go back to one of the other quotes, but we have not decided yet.

I was approach by a customer wanting a shopping cart. He does ebay and works with stamps.com . Bottom line, he ask me to learn oscommerce or magento in order to build his cart. Great concern was the tracking number features and integrations features.

I feel like cs-cart is more focused on make the cart easy to setup and have some nice admin tools, but the core purpose of a shopping cart is facilitate a sale starting in the front end and finishing when the customer receive the merchandise. And on this, cs-cart doesn't offer a solid solutions. They leave the second part to other developers.

This lack of understanding on integration is the reason why cs-cart grows so slow in the USA. Granted they are talented developers located in a far country, but if they want to grow in the USA, they have to shift focus.

Yes, CS-Cart has many bells and whistles…BUT, they have a huge week spot in regards to integration with some of the simplest of capabilities. Even their Quickbooks export will “break” your Quickbooks if you try to import the file that the site creates. I have not tried to import the file from version 2.2.2, but I know it does not work with 2.1.4 and before. Instead of fixing what was broke they wanted me to put something on Uservoice to see if any others wanted it fixed too.

In regards to the importing of tracking numbers, I can't imagine this would be too difficult and at a bare minimum the admin should have the capabilities to import an export that is created out of UPS Worldship or Fedex.

BUT, for the price they charge for the software, I am not going to complain too much (but I would be me if I didn't complain some). While I do wish CS-Cart would be honest and stop telling people their cart works with Quickbooks, I don't have a big problem with not being able to import tracking numbers. With any shopping cart I have had, I usually have to invest more money in custom mods to get it to do what I want. I have had to do the same with CS. The only part that is bad at that point is there are very few developers for CS-Cart. Then some that are out there have strange payment options that make me hesitant and wanting to purchase from them.

In regards to the shiprush, we may end up getting something developed to be able to use it with CS-Cart. We haven't fully decided yet. We did get one quote for $280, so we may go with that. We got another one for $150, but the way they wanted paid was very shady and made me nervous.

I had cscartrocks do a modification for me where I upload tracking and it marks it as shipped for me.

Also, take a look at ECC by Webgility, you can process your shipments through Quickbooks using Shiprush (Shiprush now also includes a stamps.com version for your postal), then by pushing a button ECC will grab the Fedex, UPS, or USPS tracking numbers from your Qbooks orders & post the tracking numbers back to CS-Cart marking your orders as “Shipped”

That is all I am going to type about this as I don’t have time to write a book at the moment! :D

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1316034526’ post=‘121656’]

That is all I am going to type about this as I don’t have time to write a book at the moment! :D

[/quote]

Great you find a solution, but it seems it could cost several monthly licenses here and there, besides

to have to open several windows.

My concern was more about how easy is for a stablished business to adapt to all this. They already

use quickbooks and stamps.com or usps and is kind of hard for them include another couple of software and

licenses just to move some information to process the order.

[quote]Great you find a solution, but it seems it could cost several monthly licenses here and there[/quote]

Just remember, when you hit the bigtime, you have to pay to play! :) (Although, no, their pricing is actually very much in line & affordable compared to any real order mgmnt software currently available…)

[quote]My concern was more about how easy is for a stablished business to adapt to all this. They already use quickbooks and stamps.com or usps and is kind of hard for them include another couple of software and licenses just to move some information to process the order.[/quote]

Read the details I posted a bit more closely & you will realize that you will not need to have all of those individual programs running separately (Details Man…)

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1316034526' post='121656']

Also, take a look at ECC by Webgility, you can process your shipments through Quickbooks using Shiprush (Shiprush now also includes a stamps.com version for your postal), then by pushing a button ECC will grab the Fedex, UPS, or USPS tracking numbers from your Qbooks orders & post the tracking numbers back to CS-Cart marking your orders as “Shipped”

[/quote]

The shiprush seems like one of the best, most economical options. ECC and Webgility have done some repricing on what they do, but they are still off base for multiple tiny sites. Once you throw in your normal site, eBay, Amazon and 1 alternative site you are forking out $500 up front and $50 a month. We don't do a ton of business on the smaller sites, but they are very much needed. With shiprush, Fedex has helped in the investment to try to get you to ship with them. So shiprush itself cost $0 per month and if we ship with Stamps.com it does cost, but we would just switch to Stamps.com and stop using Endicia.

I do agree, there are too many sites out there that want another $25-$50 a month and act like it is no big deal. At some point it ends up being too many of those fees for small businesses.

Clips,

[quote]With shiprush, Fedex has helped in the investment to try to get you to ship with them. So shiprush itself cost $0 per month and if we ship with Stamps.com it does cost, but we would just switch to Stamps.com and stop using Endicia.[/quote]

Quickbooks 2011 (Latest Version R9) now includes Shiprush for Stamps.com fully integrated (Of course Shiprush for Fedex & UPS is also built-in) So, the use of Shiprush including Stamps.com version is no additional cost.

But yes, when you want to rule the world with all of those micro-sites as you call them :D , well they all have additional costs involved in running them, especially when it comes time to add automation to them, right?! ;) One thing about ECC is that they are continuously adding new features & making improvements, they have not been sitting stagnant like most of their competitors. ECC is actually a full blown order management program now, not simply an online order importer. The capabilites are now in line with something like a stoneedge order manager or MOM (Mail order manager) at a much more reasonable price and a cleaner, less cluttered UI. ;)

Besides, if it saves you enough time to replace that carburetor, well then how much is it really worth! :)

try truship. You get huge discounts on priority mail.

@Struck

On the Shiprush, the version I am talking about is apart from or outside of the one installed in Quickbooks. The Shiprush installed as part of Quickbooks is somewhat limited as you are unable to export any tracking information so you can then import it on the web orders. I just need to get the mod created and then I can not only have the order information imported from eBay, CS, Amazon and others, but it will post the tracking numbers back to those places. It will already post back to all the mentioned except CS-Cart. So it is much different from what QBs has installed.

In regards to the micro sites, I'm not even including those with the pricing from Webgility. Just to have the 2 most active Pro sites and then eBay or Amazon is what would get the cost mentioned. I can only imagine what it would cost with all the micro sites.

BTW, we have actually started getting sales on a couple of the micro (or hobby) sites with no advertising. Not all of them are live yet, but we are getting orders and still others end up getting top search engine spots and ultimately point right back to our main domain. Hopefully we will get them all live within the next month, but so far they are working just fine. A little labor may pay off. Not to mention I have become VERY good at installing CS, doing upgrades and it is a great place to test before I update the primary sites.

Clips,

[quote]I just need to get the mod created and then I can not only have the order information imported from eBay, CS, Amazon and others, but it will post the tracking numbers back to those places.[/quote]

I was just trying to explain that ECC will now do all of this (including posting all of the shipment details back to CS-Cart as a “Batch” with the click of a button). Ecc grabs the tracking details (created by Shiprush) from the Qbooks order page and sends the shipment details to CS-Cart via a web-connector.

Regarding Shiprush, I have actually used their products for 5-7 years now & prefer them over most anything else available. But yes, they intentionally do not include every available feature in the integrated Qbooks version, although having the integration directly within Qbooks vs. running as another separate app is quite convenient, along with the latest Stamps.com version builtin makes it even more convenient & useful.

We still use Endicia Dazzle & have it running in the background for nothing more than it's unmatched address verification capabilites.

But yes, there are several different ways to skin the cat, and I am always testing new methods to go about getting the job done as efficiently as possible.

Moka,

[quote]try truship. You get huge discounts on priority mail.[/quote]

After reading one of your recent posts, you inspired me to install & test Readyshipper Pro, I have to say that I was rather impressed! In the end I decided against it (at least for the time being), mainly because we need more control over how address verification is handled. The other deal-breaker for us is that we use Invoices, Sales Orders & Cash Sale Receipts all in conjunction, ReadyShippper appeared to only handle a single type of order choice, so that would be a real problem for us. I do still believe this program is a viable option which many might strongly consider. ;)

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1316051040' post='121686']

@Struck

On the Shiprush, the version I am talking about is apart from or outside of the one installed in Quickbooks. The Shiprush installed as part of Quickbooks is somewhat limited as you are unable to export any tracking information so you can then import it on the web orders. I just need to get the mod created and then I can not only have the order information imported from eBay, CS, Amazon and others, but it will post the tracking numbers back to those places. It will already post back to all the mentioned except CS-Cart. So it is much different from what QBs has installed.

In regards to the micro sites, I'm not even including those with the pricing from Webgility. Just to have the 2 most active Pro sites and then eBay or Amazon is what would get the cost mentioned. I can only imagine what it would cost with all the micro sites.

BTW, we have actually started getting sales on a couple of the micro (or hobby) sites with no advertising. Not all of them are live yet, but we are getting orders and still others end up getting top search engine spots and ultimately point right back to our main domain. Hopefully we will get them all live within the next month, but so far they are working just fine. A little labor may pay off. Not to mention I have become VERY good at installing CS, doing upgrades and it is a great place to test before I update the primary sites.

[/quote]

HI, I also want fedex label and return to cs-cart, I buy shipping kit, but it is not working, they said maybe not support the UAE country

do you have some idea ? we pay together and fix together

Email: tomuaemalls##gmail.com @

pls email me ,I need your help

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1316012071' post='121637']

In regards to the shiprush, we may end up getting something developed to be able to use it with CS-Cart. We haven't fully decided yet. We did get one quote for $280, so we may go with that. We got another one for $150, but the way they wanted paid was very shady and made me nervous.

[/quote]

HI clips

have you done it or not , let us pay USD 280 , you pay USD 140 , I pay USD 140 ,we share

I need to print fedex label ,and get the tracking number

please contact me goodgoodugg@126.com

looking forward hearing from you

@liangtaofei

I'm not for sure what you are trying to do. We can “print” Fedex labels just fine. We just do it directly from Quickbooks right now.

What we want to be able to do is to link the ShipRush program to CS-Cart so every time we print a label it automatically gets posted within CS-Cart admin, marks the order shipped and sends the customers an email.