How To Echo From .tpl

@gabbo,

[quote name='gabbo' timestamp='1396259218' post='180515']

Ok, then I have to let them be there, but do I have to declare anything to use db_get_field/db_query “functions” or are they always accessable?

[/quote]

They are always accessable!

Those are functions, not class methods.

It sounds like you need to do some basic research on cs-cart architecture related to when things are called and how hooks (or pre/post controllers) relate to the distributed files.

It is a learning curve…

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1396299043’ post=‘180578’]

Those are functions, not class methods.

It sounds like you need to do some basic research on cs-cart architecture related to when things are called and how hooks (or pre/post controllers) relate to the distributed files.

It is a learning curve…

[/quote]

I agree, but the manuals (KB’s) is not particularly detailed when it comes to certain pieces, for developers with much knowledge they’re probably fine. I have some problems to understand structur in ver4, just like you had when ver4 released :-).

The difference is that you are doing this full time, while I am a simple car mechanic. :-) I also really like the shortcuts to search for information in the forum, among helpful and knowledgeable people, like you.

In most cases, it helps just to get push in the right direction, as in this case.

LOL, I still struggle with the “logic” (NOT) of V4!

Happy to help, but some things require a lot of investment just to try to describe. It's cs-cart's job to describe their product to their user base. If they choose to do it in terms for a novice (non-developer) to understand, then great. I had posted some articles several years ago related to developing an addon. While the file locations have changed with V4, the basic precepts still apply. You can probably do a search with my name as author and look for “controller” in the title or “php” in the title (I forget which). It was a series of about 4-6 tutorials on developing an addon to support offering movies…

Hi all, new problem :-)

Is it via pre/post controller or other way possible to force “reload” session from (db).sessions if I change data in checkout (step-two)?

If I go from checkout (step-four) and go back to (step-two) and change the data, it does not update “$_SESSION” with the new data, but it is was saved ok in db, I need to use updated data (b_bountry) in step-four (it works if i reload checkout)

I would question your assertion that the new data is not saved in the $_SESSION. What you are probably experiencing is that the AJAX request for the edit of step-two is not accurately updating the containers in step-four and the that reloading the page causes those containers to properly reflect the change in the $_SESSION['cart'] variable.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1396590757' post='180934']

I would question your assertion that the new data is not saved in the $_SESSION. What you are probably experiencing is that the AJAX request for the edit of step-two is not accurately updating the containers in step-four and the that reloading the page causes those containers to properly reflect the change in the $_SESSION['cart'] variable.

[/quote]

That's what I mean, but my English is not good enough to explain correctly … I would need to get access to the new data in the step-four.

Then suggest you report it as a bug and let cs-cart provide the fix.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1396648269' post='181021']

[/quote]

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1396648269' post='181021']

[/quote]

Done.