How To Do This With Smarty

Please give more details about where do you use this code? Looks like the $product_data array does not have the short_description value on your page

dear eComLabs,

I had my own custom field in the $product_data.city_ids and I used in short desc as city_id without the s. by this way I have learned that the smarty will not work at all if there is any partial error code even everything is fine. this is my own mistake and now it's working.

well, this reminds me a video that shows someone tried 4 days to find his mistake and the difference between python and python3.

I really appreciate you dear eComLabs, as well cs-cart team

now I can say that cs-cart is amazing, really amazing system. seems like many many things can be integrated in to cs-cart. that means a huge market for cs-cart company. but again, this is only for whom keeps research and develop. I remember few years back I have read a post on this forums that someone said mostly cs-cart owners doesn't use even 10% of cs-cart or understand cs-cart. that time I was thinking no way, but now yes, I agree with that person.

I always admire good engineered anything, specially on IT sector as I am in this industry. @IMAC and @IKOSHKIN you guys are amazing. thanks!

Yes, it is possible to make the WYSIWYG editor in the product edit page support Smarty HTML. You can modify the code in \app\functions\smarty_plugins\function.render_location.php to render the data before it is saved in the database. You can use the update_product_post hook to render the product['desc'] and save the rendered version in the database field.