How to display Affiliates?

Hi,

I have just installed and activated the Affiliate addon.

I have created an affiliate plan, created a product group, added a text banner and a graphic banner. Then in the Design > Blocks, I have added the Affiliate block and activated it. It is added to the sidebar.

But when I browse in my website, the affiliate block doesn’t show up!

I then created an affiliate user, and signed in as the affiliate. The Affiliate block still doesn’t show up.

Is there a link to the Affiliate section which I can add to the homepage? (I may have deleted the affiliate link if there is one previously, I cannot recall) Why the affiliate block doesn’t show up? I missed something??

Thank you.

Problem partly solved. The affiliate block is displayed once I added products to the affiliate plan!

Now the question is, how do I display the plans, or affiliate information on the storefront/website, so that my users can see them and will sign up as an affiliate?

Thank you.

[quote name=‘alanpro’]Now the question is, how do I display the plans, or affiliate information on the storefront/website, so that my users can see them and will sign up as an affiliate?[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart does not do this. One workaround might be to create pages with your affiliate information and maybe an affiliate signup form. You could then create an ‘Affiliate’ block linking to these pages.

Bob

I see… that’s disappointing, isn’t it? CS-Cart should have included this feature. :wink:

Anyway, I think the workaround should do the job for the time being. But the affiliate signup form will be the normal signup form, with a drop down (Account type)… this might be a little confusing for users.

I wonder if a customer can user the same login for his/her customer account, and double it as his/her affiliate account? :slight_smile:

Thanks.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]CS-Cart does not do this. One workaround might be to create pages with your affiliate information and maybe an affiliate signup form. You could then create an ‘Affiliate’ block linking to these pages.

Bob[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘alanpro’]I wonder if a customer can user the same login for his/her customer account, and double it as his/her affiliate account? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, this works. Set the account type to affiliate and they can shop to their heart’s content.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Yes, this works. Set the account type to affiliate and they can shop to their heart’s content.

Bob[/QUOTE]

But the Account Type is a drop down option box, you can only select either “Customer” or “Affiliate”. So, you are either a Customer or a Affiliate, cannot be both at the same time. So, you have to register again using a different username. Right?

[quote name=‘alanpro’]But the Account Type is a drop down option box, you can only select either “Customer” or “Affiliate”. So, you are either a Customer or a Affiliate, cannot be both at the same time. So, you have to register again using a different username. Right?[/QUOTE]

No. Set the account dropdown to "Affiliate’ - they can still shop in your store.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]No. Set the account dropdown to "Affiliate’ - they can still shop in your store.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I see… that’s great.

There is not much documentation on this Affiliate feature. Will he get commission if the affiliate order items using his own affiliate account? :slight_smile:

When I edit an order, at step 3 (Totals), there is a field called “Affiliate code”. I wonder what will happen if I enter an affiliate’s code? The cart will award commission for this sale to this affiliate?

Sorry, have not tested the affiliate much… :mrgreen:

Thank you for any tips shared. :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘alanpro’]There is not much documentation on this Affiliate feature. Will he get commission if the affiliate order items using his own affiliate account? :slight_smile:

When I edit an order, at step 3 (Totals), there is a field called “Affiliate code”. I wonder what will happen if I enter an affiliate’s code? The cart will award commission for this sale to this affiliate?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the CS-Cart documentation in general leaves a lot to be desired.

Based on limited testing, it does not appear as if the affiliate earns commission when he uses his own account to purchase. However, he might earn commission if he clicked an his own affiliate link and then completed the purchase - I don’t know, this requires more testing.

If you enter an affiliate code when editing an order, I would expect that the affiliate earn commission on that order. Strangely, I cannot get this to work - perhaps I am entering the affiliate code incorrectly.

Bob

Thank you for the explanation… I might give this affiliate a try… do you think it is stable enough to use, i.e. doesn’t have a lot of bugs. :rolleyes:

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Yes, the CS-Cart documentation in general leaves a lot to be desired.

Based on limited testing, it does not appear as if the affiliate earns commission when he uses his own account to purchase. However, he might earn commission if he clicked an his own affiliate link and then completed the purchase - I don’t know, this requires more testing.

If you enter an affiliate code when editing an order, I would expect that the affiliate earn commission on that order. Strangely, I cannot get this to work - perhaps I am entering the affiliate code incorrectly.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Login as an affiliate. Go to Affiliate plan…

You might see a section such as the following:

Coupons
Coupon code Period of validity Coupon commission
05 Mar 2010 - 31 Mar 2010 0%
20 Aug 2008 - 04 Aug 2010 0%
27 Feb 2010 - 31 Mar 2010 0%
27 Feb 2010 - 31 Mar 2010 0%

What is this for? Any idea??

Thanks.