How To Discover Footer Or Head Tpl Files In Cs Cart 4X

ok, Im new to cs cart.

my question is, how to discover the head and footer files?

I imagine it will be smething like head.tpl file or footer.tpl file and to override will be something like head.override.tpl or footer.override.tpl right?

I can see the template tree but there is no footer.tpl there.

Thanks

Use flexible block manager instead of overriding templates. It allows to configure almost everything you want.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1419845818' post='201202']

Use flexible block manager instead of overriding templates. It allows to configure almost everything you want.

[/quote]

what do you mean by flexible block manager?

I'm asking about programing because I want to understand how things work in cs cart.

after understand I'm planing doing some free tutorials in you tube for people here, but first I want to understand the programing side of doing things here.

I think this is the same.

function fn_my_changes_get_users($params, $fields, $sortings, $condition, $join)

{

$arams['my_variable'] = 'abc';

return $params;

}

how can I make my_variable be accessible to a tpl file?

the header and footer areas are blocks. The files are generally under design/themes/[your theme]/templates/blocks directory.

In your 2nd post, you are using a PHP hook and the idea of that particular hook is to add to the various parameters so that the resulting query will get the data you want. 'Params' is generally things like sort order or grouping. Also note that your parameters need to be passed by reference, not by value in a hook so any changes are seen in the caller and are not just local to the function.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1420783246' post='202023']

the header and footer areas are blocks. The files are generally under design/themes/[your theme]/templates/blocks directory.

In your 2nd post, you are using a PHP hook and the idea of that particular hook is to add to the various parameters so that the resulting query will get the data you want. 'Params' is generally things like sort order or grouping. Also note that your parameters need to be passed by reference, not by value in a hook so any changes are seen in the caller and are not just local to the function.

[/quote]

is there a way to know the file I want to edit?

For example if I want to edit footer? there is not footer.tpl file or if I want to edit header? there is no head.tpl file.

Thanks

It is recommended that you use hooks. Look at design/themes/[your theme]/templates/index.tpl It will show you the structure, but the content is generally derived from the layout manager.

[quote name='nil2567' timestamp='1419861608' post='201231']

what do you mean by flexible block manager?

[/quote]

Please find more details here