how to disable ALL caches

this …cache is bad…

i need to DISABLE caching so i can manually update this cart…

i just finished 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 and ( i refresh cart every 20 minutes…) i see now i cant even load a page… no debugging no error nothing…

So i think its been like this for a while but CACHING was showing me stale content…

PLEASE how ?

[quote]

i just finished 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 and ( i refresh cart every 20 minutes…) i see now i cant even load a page… no debugging no error nothing…

[/quote]

At end of upgrade, cache is flushed (both cache and compiled pages).

What do you mean you “refresh cart every 20 minutes”?

What does your PHP error_log show for the site?

What does your browser error console show when trying to load the page.

To manually flush the caches, delete var/cache and var/compiled directories and their content. Or, if the store runs, use ?cc

followed by ?ct

Content comes from the DB. Settings are cached as are some query results. Pages are compiled and then cached.

this is not a default template… we have worked over 12 months on it… so yes i need to PATCH files .php and .tpl 's to REPUT thehook’s and mod the core file as i see fit… (example “has an image” filter for admin products)

so cs-cart CACHES between these changes… even with ?cc

Each page request looks at the settings of the store and and the two main caches. It will ALWAYS recreate the var/cache directory (settings and DB queries) unless you modify core/class.registry.php to simply not cache.

What it does regarding the var/compiled directory is a function of the store settings for Live or Development. In Live mode, it will compile all templates and use the compiled version after compilation (that’s why it’s so slow). In Development mode I think it will force the pages to be recompiled if one of the templates in the compiled chunk (multiple templates compiled to a page) has been modified. This is driven from the lib/templater directory and core/class.templater.php files.