How to create this promotion? Possible?

I want to create a promotion that gives discount if a customer bought X number of products from a specific manufacturer.

Example, I have manufacturer set up as Product Feature with the name as “Manufacturer”, and various manufacturers added, such as “Canon”, “Epson”, “HP”, …

if a customer bought any 5 or more items from a manufacturer from my store, he will get 1 free product.

Eg. If a customer bought any 5 or more Canon printer cartridges, he will get 1 free Canon refill ink.

Something like a “Canon” only promotion within my store.

Currently my problem is if I set the condition in the promotion with

• “Product Feature” equal “Canon”

AND
  • Total products in cart equal or greater than 5.

The promotion will be triggered if a customer have more than 5 items in the cart, but only 1 of the item is from Canon.

I want it to be such that there must be at least 5 or more Canon products in the cart before the promotion will be triggered.

Is there any way to set up this promotion?

Any help will be really much appreciated!

I think something similar was reported in the Bug Tracker.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not currently doable. The problem is that the condition “Total products in cart” is literally that - all the items in the cart. What is needed is a “product quantity” condition that could be grouped with another condition to test just the quantity that matches the other condition in the group.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I think something similar was reported in the Bug Tracker.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not currently doable. The problem is that the condition “Total products in cart” is literally that - all the items in the cart. What is needed is a “product quantity” condition that could be grouped with another condition to test just the quantity that matches the other condition in the group.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I thought so too~

Just thought it was worth a try to ask in the forum, maybe someone is ingenious enough to conjure a magical mix of conditions to make this work.

As I see it, without the constraints or a more refined set of conditions, the Promotions part of the cscart system is just like a white elephant. Looks good on the surface with its many “conditions”, but not really very usable.

I was hoping buy together might do something like this as well. Buy 10 threads from a category and get 10% off.

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]I was hoping buy together might do something like this as well. Buy 10 threads from a category and get 10% off.[/QUOTE]

I did not use the buy together addon so I cannot be sure. But from what I can understand, the buy together function is very specific. So if you want to use buy together for 10 threads from a category, you need to select 10 specific threads.

There is no “any 10 threads from a category” condition handling at all.

Please do correct me if I am wrong. ^^

This sparks my interest on what kind of other unique promotions have the others created so far, that is working fine.

Because it lacks a category based promotion condition, the most common promotions, like: “Buy 1 shirt and get the second 1 free” or “Buy two shirts and two pairs of shorts and get 25%” are impossible. You end up making all the products the same price and giving an across the board discount.

I decided to write a patch for CS-Cart 2.1.0 (since the upgrade is free) that solves this problem. Love to give it away for free, but it took MANY hours to develop and I need to recoup some of my hours. The url is in my sig.

I’ve created a patch that allows you to create buy 2 get 1 free offers. Basically, it allows you to specify a category, then choose how many products per category the customer must buy to get the promotion. It also allows you to limit how many products per category get the promotion.

It should be ready to roll on Monday. Hopefully, CS-Cart will add this functionality eventually. Let everyone know! If the response is good, I’ll start making patches for all the stuff CS-Cart should have. Hey, I hack CS-Cart all day at work anyways. Why not help everyone?!

I made a cheap patch for this. Yay, me!

I bought your mod but it doesn’t seem to work in 2.1.1. I am able to create a Cart Promotion, Condition, and Bonus as described in the doc, but I can’t get the promotion to appear in the cart.

Glen

I am trying to access cscartplugins.com and it appears to be down. Anyone know how to get in touch with gginorio to alert him?

Hi, need the same function. May be somebody could make this plugin again.