How To Create My Change File For Product Page Template

Hi,

I am editing the product page file default_template.tpl which is under the following path

/design/themes/Basic/templates/blocks/product_templates

I have successfully edited the file and uploaded to the site and all works good.

I am wondering how to call this file from my change folder then applying directly to the desired path.

I have done creating default_template.post.tpl and pasted the file in hook/index location but nothing happened.

Any suggestion guys.

[quote name='ravt' timestamp='1393935849' post='178702']

Hi,

I am editing the product page file default_template.tpl which is under the following path

/design/themes/Basic/templates/blocks/product_templates

I have successfully edited the file and uploaded to the site and all works good.

I am wondering how to call this file from my change folder then applying directly to the desired path.

I have done creating default_template.post.tpl and pasted the file in hook/index location but nothing happened.

Any suggestion guys.

[/quote]

If I understand you question,? have you gone into any of the products and assigned the new template to them.

Alan

The simple way is to create a new template

design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/blocks/product_templates/my_template.tpl
```<br />
add he content desired and after that just selected from Settings > Appearance<br />
<br />
![](upload://bZYMP4Knvc3kl2AdBIKSGI0Kldr.png)<br />
<br />
I hope that helps,<br />
<br />
---<br />
Valentin<br />
[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

Hi @vali

thanks for the info. Do this get affected in any upgrade in future. I think it wont, just double conformation.

Thanks though for your information.

The file should not be affected, only the data sanded to file to may be changed and also tpl files included into my_template.tpl ;)

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]