How To Create And Assign Category List Template

Hi,

when I click on a category, it lists all my products in a grid. In addition, there is a Quick View link if you hover over any product.

I want to have two versions of the quick view text. How can I create a custom category template so I can then create a custom language for quick view.

For example, on most of my categories, I want the quick view link text to say “Quick View”. But on a few categories, I want the quick view link to say “Choose Color”.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

Hello,

Some code modifications are required to implement such a feature.

[quote name='pxforti' timestamp='1405542742' post='187691']

Hi,

when I click on a category, it lists all my products in a grid. In addition, there is a Quick View link if you hover over any product.

I want to have two versions of the quick view text. How can I create a custom category template so I can then create a custom language for quick view.

For example, on most of my categories, I want the quick view link text to say “Quick View”. But on a few categories, I want the quick view link to say “Choose Color”.

Any idea how to accomplish this?

[/quote]

To create a new layout for the category pages, please go to design/themes/basic/templates/blocks/product_list_templates directory and create a new file (you can make a copy of the existent one). The first string should be {** template-description:custom_list_template **}.Then log in the admin panel, clear the cache and go to Settings → Appearance page and enable the layout on the Products list layouts settings section.

[quote]

To create a new layout for the category pages, please go to design/themes/basic/templates/blocks/product_list_templates directory and create a new file (you can make a copy of the existent one). The first string should be

{** template-description:custom_list_template **}

.Then log in the admin panel, clear the cache and go to Settings → Appearance page and enable the layout on the Products list layouts settings section.

[/quote]

Thanks. That worked.