How To copyright pictures

i know this question may sound funny in a way but anyone know how to copyright pictures so they cannot be stolen thru online perpetrators such as ebay sellers etc. i have a part for a homelite chainsaw i have on my store and the picture is the picture i took of the part myself thing is i search google of that part # and here came up ebay i click on that link and looked at the picture and whoa i was shocked the exact background the exact texture of the part etc., matched my picture of the part so someone on ebay stold my picture they could not take there own it seems like why do folks rob others pictures for ? yea i was kind of aggitated at this anyhow i need your input on this subject thanks in advance

3 choices I know of…

you can digitally watermark your pics (rather expensive)

or you can simply put YOUR URL on them and get some free advertising.

I believe there is a way to restrict downloading the picture through a javascript code also…

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]3 choices I know of…

you can digitally watermark your pics (rather expensive)

or you can simply put YOUR URL on them and get some free advertising.

I believe there is a way to restrict downloading the picture through a javascript code also…[/quote]

Download the images from your store, create a batch job through photoshop to add a 50% opaque url string on the images, run the batch, upload.

Expensive only if you don’t already have photoshop. :wink:

Free software like Gimp will be good enough to do something like above. I do watermark everything since I’m an amateur photographer and take all the product photos as well and put the store logo with 10% opacity right in middle of all the images. Visible but not to the point it’s annoying.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Download the images from your store, create a batch job through photoshop to add a 50% opaque url string on the images, run the batch, upload.

Expensive only if you don’t already have photoshop. ;)[/QUOTE]

i do have photoshop adobe photoshop elements 5.0 version but i just dont know how to use it i heard you can do alot of things with photoshop i did make my first animated banner ad yesterday to be placed on a forum site for advertisement purposes only cost me 125.00 every 3 months but i figure if that banner gets me alot of sales then its worth the 125.00

jesse how do i create a batch job and how to add that 50% opaque url string ? once when i do this i should not have any problems then .

it took me forever to figure out how to animate it now i know how to make a banner ad so its very simple to me now that i taught myself how too

someone told me i can make a website out of photoshop etc. this is awesome if that is possible so i guess i need to read up on photoshop and what can be done with it etc/.

Using Photoshop CS3 There is an option to “record” your actions, simply click on record, type your url using the text tool, change the opacity using the slider that pops up. Click on stop, then simply click the start button to do sequential images.