How to change save button at checkout to a contintune button?

How to change Save button at checkout to a Continue button?

Is this just a code change or do I need to make a new button?

Using version 2.0.10 with one page checkout.

Sorry for the misspelling in the title.

Are you talking about the word “Save” under the Shipping Options during checkout?

I would imagine it would be in the Languages area in the Admin. You can search for “Save” and replace the term with something else and view it on the storefront.

Good luck!

Adam

This was good to bring up as it is a little confusing at first glance but I think most customers figure it out.

I to am going to change this.

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]Are you talking about the word “Save” under the Shipping Options during checkout?

[/QUOTE]

The save button at the bottom of Contact information, Address, Shipping method sections when checking out. I would like to change the word from Save to Continue

I’m using multi-page checkout in 2.0.8 and was able to enable the Translation mode in the cart to change all of my buttons during checkout. I changed mine to say “Continue to next step” and they work just fine.

Not sure if that would be the same for single-page checkout in 2.0.11 if that’s what you’re using.

Regards,

Stephanie

I would like to change the save button at the bottom of Contact information, Address, Shipping method sections when checking out from Save to Continue. How do I do this?

It’s very simple to do,

Lets walk through the steps shall we :slight_smile:

Step 1: Goto admin area of site and click on tab [COLOR=“DarkRed”]design[/COLOR]

Step 2: Click on sub link [COLOR=“darkred”]Design Mode[/COLOR]

Step 3: Click on [COLOR=“darkred”]Enable Translation Mode [/COLOR]Button

Step 4: Click on [COLOR=“darkred”]View STOREFRONT in translation mode[/COLOR].

Step 5: When new window opens, you should be logged in as a customer. Add something to your cart and go to checkout page.

Step: 6 Once you are on checkout page click the edit button beside shipping box

Step :7 Click on save button to edit the txt to continue or whatever you want it to say and click save!

Wala, you are done :slight_smile: This is for vers 2.11

Let me know if you have any questions or if I was not clear on a step…

MaySportingGoods,

Thank you very much that worked perfect.

[quote name=‘MaySportingGoods’]It’s very simple to do,

Lets walk through the steps shall we :slight_smile:

Step 1: Goto admin area of site and click on tab [COLOR=“DarkRed”]design[/COLOR]

Step 2: Click on sub link [COLOR=“darkred”]Design Mode[/COLOR]

Step 3: Click on [COLOR=“darkred”]Enable Translation Mode [/COLOR]Button

Step 4: Click on [COLOR=“darkred”]View STOREFRONT in translation mode[/COLOR].

Step 5: When new window opens, you should be logged in as a customer. Add something to your cart and go to checkout page.

Step: 6 Once you are on checkout page click the edit button beside shipping box

Step :7 Click on save button to edit the txt to continue or whatever you want it to say and click save!

Wala, you are done :slight_smile: This is for vers 2.11

Let me know if you have any questions or if I was not clear on a step…[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]MaySportingGoods,

Thank you very much that worked perfect.[/QUOTE]

Pleasure is all mine… I am new and in the learning curve but when I learn something I think it only right to take the time to share with others. :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘MaySportingGoods’]Pleasure is all mine… I am new and in the learning curve but when I learn something I think it only right to take the time to share with others. :)[/QUOTE]

That’s the spirit we need, we should all help each other and make a great Cart Superb! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a warning if your going to do this it will also change the name of Save in Admin - Catalog section to whatever you changed Save to.

I changed it to Click here to continue. I thing this makes one page checkout less confusing to the buyer.

See it at http://www.compactdiscount.com

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]Just a warning if your going to do this it will also change the name of Save in Admin - Catalog section to whatever you changed Save to.

I changed it to Click here to continue. I thing this makes one page checkout less confusing to the buyer.

See it at http://www.compactdiscount.com[/QUOTE]

I noticed on your site when you click to register you have something that is not SSL compliant. I get a message to continue with or without Secure items showing before allowing to register.

Did not know if you were aware or not.

Thanks again your becoming my hero. I thought I had fixed that. It took me a little while to figured out what the problem was now I have to fix it.

[quote name=‘MaySportingGoods’]I noticed on your site when you click to register you have something that is not SSL compliant. I get a message to continue with or without Secure items showing before allowing to register.

Did not know if you were aware or not.[/QUOTE]

I fixed the issue. It had to do with a gif pic on the front page that I removed. It took me awhile to find the file I needed to remove the code from.