How Many of You Display SSL Site Seals?

Before switching to CS-Cart I always had a secure site seal on display on my online store. I’m debating whether it’s even necessary or useful. What do you guys think? Do customers pay attention to those things or not? Or do they just see the padlock during checkout and not worry about it?

What are the pros and cons in your view?

If you have a corner of valuable real estate left on your site, then display the seal.

As you know, alot of online shoppers aren’t nearly as tech savy as we are and very well may not have a clue what that little padlock means (if they even notice it)!

Whoops…I forgot to vote!

Kingsley, you are like “The King of Polls”

Kingsley, you are definitely a ‘high maintenance’ person.

You have only been a cs-cart forum member for 60 days and have 111 posts. I wish I could give you the ‘King of the Forum’ award. :wink:

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Kingsley, you are definitely a ‘high maintenance’ person.

You have only been a cs-cart forum member for 60 days and have 111 posts. I wish I could give you the ‘King of the Forum’ award. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually I’ve only been a member of the forum since July 31st, which adds up to about 36 days. :slight_smile:

I also have 25 tickets logged in support (helpdesk).

I believe in getting answers. :slight_smile:

Here’s hoping I’ve not been a nuisance.

[QUOTE]Here’s hoping I’ve not been a nuisance.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, absolutely nothing wrong with being assertive and making things happen! :wink:

Not a nuisance. But you have to admit your qty of posts and trouble tickets is a little excessive.

111 forum posts and 25 support tickets in 30 days.

It seems like you quickly turn to posting in the forum or submitting a trouble ticket rather than researching and learning how to do it yourself. :slight_smile:

But at least your activity gave me some legitimate posts to read rather than all those spam posts. :slight_smile:

It doesn’t hurt.

Pic attached for the person who didn’t know what a site seal is

rapidssl_ssl_certificate.gif

[QUOTE]Pic attached for the person who didn’t know what a site seal is.[/QUOTE]

That was me, I just couldn’t resist giving Kingsley a hard time! :wink:

I have one posted. When I first got the cart set up I didn’t and I had a customer contact me because she was concerned about the site security. For those customers that don’t have a clue how to see for themselves that a site is secure, it is important to have something there.

I have never used one or had a customer ask for one.

Using a ssl certificate is enough.

I guess it depends on how wide your customer base is (or how wide you want it to be). If you have a tech-savvy audience, nothing more than the SSL certificate is needed. However, I don’t think it can hurt to have more.

As a shopper, I notice some sites that almost overdo the security thing, but when you think about it, you really can’t overdo it. Many customers like to see some sort of assurance, whether it be a seal, a statement about site security, or some other “secure” visual. Those customers really need the “fluff” to make them feel better about purchasing online. When I got ONE question/complaint about nothing being on my checkout page (I even have an extended validation SSL certificate!), I know there had to be several other customers that just clicked away and decided not to make the purchase. How many people actually take the time to ask or complain?

I think zappos.com has a great example. They don’t actually have a SEAL, but they have a very clear notice about security.

[quote name=‘ogia’]I think zappos.com has a great example. They don’t actually have a SEAL, but they have a very clear notice about security.[/QUOTE]

Where?

I quickly scanned the home page and didn’t see it.

zappos.com - Add some things to the cart and see how they cover security at checkout.

I simply don’t think you can go wrong by displaying your seals and certs. As time goes on, it may become less important as overall internet savvy increases. We still need to inspire buyer confidence.

This year we are going with a new Identity Validated COMODO SSL. The SSL seal is a floaty thing that tucks down into the lower right corner of the browser automatically, alleviating the need to actually create anything specific on the page itself for the seal… It’s pretty cool…

Beyond that, I created a ‘text’ banner with my other seals. This makes it easy to turn your seal box on and off on whatever pages or views you want.

When it comes to full validation, EV validation, or Trust seals…well I am not convinced of the value or if my shoppers understand things like PCI Compliance etc… That said, we do have a privacy policy that explains exactly how we handle credit card data etc,Does anybody read that?

I bought SSL from alpha and I would like to add SSL seal to my homepage. Can any one help me how to add SSL Seal to homepage?