How Long Should A Backup Restore Take?

I am restoring a backup and so far it's been over 24 hours and it's still Importing Data. Is this normal? I don't have a large shop.

How many megabytes is your restore file?

It's 40.09 MB

On a decent internet connection I would expect that to take only a few minutes.

and we do have a decent internet connection, so what's going wrong? I interrupted it last night and some of my pages return a 404 page not found error, so I started it again and it's still going.

Something wrong with your server/hosting. What hosting company are you with? Have you contacted their support to see if they are seeing some kind of error?

No but I will now - will keep ya'll posted.

They didn't look for errors but will perform a restore for me.

Most probably script dies by timeout. In most cases PHP error log can shed light on the source of problem.

Where are our Content Pages stored? My hosting company did a backup restore for me, but my content pages return 404 error pages. Hosting says the backup file was incomplete. I waiting for help from support but get the standard “we will contact you no sooner than 20 hours” response. Meanwhile my visitors and potential customers are getting the error pages and will leave not to return.

imac, I checked for error logs and there are no errors generated. My php.ini shows error logging is turned on, but there are no errors logged.

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1436975041' post='223075']

Where are our Content Pages stored? My hosting company did a backup restore for me, but my content pages return 404 error pages. Hosting says the backup file was incomplete. I waiting for help from support but get the standard “we will contact you no sooner than 20 hours” response. Meanwhile my visitors and potential customers are getting the error pages and will leave not to return.

imac, I checked for error logs and there are no errors generated. My php.ini shows error logging is turned on, but there are no errors logged.

[/quote]

Content pages are stored in cscart_pages & cscart_page_descriptions tables.

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1436975041' post='223075']

[/quote]

Do you see required CMS pages on the Website → Content page in the admin panel? Can you edit them?

I saw the pages listed, but when I clicked to edit I got the error
WarningThe Content -page name here- is unavailable for this store.

I have since received this response from support which has solve the problem:

I downloaded your July 8 backup and restored it on my default CS-Cart installation.Then I created a new backup from the restored data with the tables which are responsible for Content and Blog :

cscart_ult_objects_sharing
cscart_blog_authors
cscart_pages
cscart_page_descriptions

After that I uploaded the backup.sql backup with these tables to your CS-Cart installation and restored it from administration of your store. The Blog and Content pages were restored.

Looks like the issue was in the cscart_ult_objects_sharing table. The pages were in the database, but were not shared among store-fronts correctly

Hello

I haven't done any changes to my working cs cart and suddenly I am getting error, pages are not found, and also in admin panel i can not edit the content of a page

Warning The Content 'page-name' is unavailable for this store.

Furthermore the products disappeared from all my orders

The cs cart support is as usually, wants money for bugs

Please let me know if you encountered the same issue how did you solve it

Thanks

Hello

I haven't done any changes to my working cs cart and suddenly I am getting error, pages are not found, and also in admin panel i can not edit the content of a page

Warning The Content 'page-name' is unavailable for this store.

Furthermore the products disappeared from all my orders

The cs cart support is as usually, wants money for bugs

Please let me know if you encountered the same issue how did you solve it

Thanks

Please PM me temporary FTP access so that we can try to find the issue