How does this site load so fast?

[quote name='borescopeit' timestamp='1325879432' post='128988']

There site uses 593KB and takes 1.93 seconds to load.

Mine is 749KB+ 156KB and takes 6.09+4.16 seconds to load

[/quote

Check my website http://borescopeit.org load time! Google Pagespeed scope 95/100, but would be 100/100 is I remove 3rd party seals from it.

And compare the load time with http://borescopeit.com - same site, same server just without 3rd party stuff.

I use [url=“Website Speed Test | Pingdom Tools”]Website Speed Test | Pingdom Tools to optimize my sites.

If you like the load speed and optimization score, then ask me who is my hoster and what I did to it. Keep in mind, I do have dedicated servers.

[/quote]

You know i was running a scan on that site and my site. My site of coarse has a longer load time and such but the reason is prolly cause that site doesn't have that many items or data on it. My site has over 30,000 items on it so im not really complaining about mine.

My optimization score is also at like 70/1000 right now. Some minor things i can change. Talked to my host and got some tips on how to speed it up a little if id like.

Hi Struck,

I am not using Smartoptimizer, I have a script which I use to update combined/minify css and js. Although Smartoptimizer will do the same thing at the expense of some CPU overhead per request. Though if you use a PHP opcode cache the Smartoptimizer PHP code will also be cached, so opcode cache will also provide a small performance boost to Smartoptimizer.

So I think using Smartoptimizer with PHP opcode cache will provide a worth while boost. Note as a guide line you will need to allow about 38Mb of real memory for opcode cache with a typical CS-Cart install.

Would also like to point out that using an opcache not only boosts customer front end performance but also the Administration, so everything feels very responsive.

Why not install the opcode cache and give it a go, you may be flying after :grin:

I presume you are running on a VPS or a dedicated Server?

[quote name=‘Adrian8’ timestamp=‘1326221048’ post=‘129133’]

Hi Struck,

I am not using Smartoptimizer, I have a script which I use to update combined/minify css and js. Although Smartoptimizer will do the same thing at the expense of some CPU overhead per request. Though if you use a PHP opcode cache the Smartoptimizer PHP code will also be cached, so opcode cache will also provide a small performance boost to Smartoptimizer.

So I think using Smartoptimizer with PHP opcode cache will provide a worth while boost. Note as a guide line you will need to allow about 38Mb of real memory for opcode cache with a typical CS-Cart install.

Would also like to point out that using an opcache not only boosts customer front end performance but also the Administration, so everything feels very responsive.

Why not install the opcode cache and give it a go, you may be flying after :grin:

I presume you are running on a VPS or a dedicated Server?

[/quote]

Thanks again for the detailed tips Adrian8 !

Yes, I am running on a VPS (CPU = 1.13 GHZ, Ram = 768 MB) and have now installed XCache running in conjunction with Smartoptimizer, however, I still need to do some fine tuning on the XCache settings as I haven’t had the time lately to put enough efforts into finalizing things (best referred to as a “Personal Problem”, as in too many irons in the fire !) ;-)

I don’t have a site speed problem, (unless of course I compare to what you have been able to accomplish which is nothing short of spectacular!) :) So, I am anxiously looking forward to giving this my full attention!

Hi Struck,

Following settings are a base for xcache configuration, the only parameter you may need to chane is xcache.size this will depend on amount of addons in use (more addons more php code to be cached):

xcache.size = 38M

xcache.count = 1

xcache.slots = 8K

xcache.ttl = 7200

xcache.gc_interval = 900

; variable cache - set these settings as variable cache not use

xcache.var.size = 0K

xcache.var_count = 1

xcache.var_slots = 4k

;per request settings

xcache.cacher = On

xcache.stat = Off

xcache.optimizer = On

xcache.coverager = Off

Also check xcache admin panel for php hits and to confirm xcache is running.

[color=#ff0000]Just one thing to remember a change in a tpl file will require not only cs-cart cache to be cleared using ?cc but also the xcache cache to be cleared for changes to take effect.[/color]

Thanks a bunch Adrian8 !

Saved me considerable time on trial & error. ;)

[color=#4b0082]How to access XCache Admin Panel:[/color]

You need to copy xcache admin directory from extracted source to your web document root example:-

cp -a ~/src/xcache/admin /var/www/yourstorefolder/xcache-admin

set a user name and password in xcache.ini:-

xcache.admin.user = “yourusername”;

xcache.admin.pass = “your_md5_gen_password”;

use following to generate md5 password from linux command prompt:-

echo -n “YourPassword” | md5sum

copy the hexadecimal number result into password, example: xcache.admin.pass = “d4d0afffff5069a455ffe45”;

In web browser goto yourdomain.com

enter your user name and password when prompted