How Does CC Processing Flow Work?

I set up a new store with Authorize.net and it is set to Authorize & Capture. I’m not clear on exactly how CS-Cart works as far as when the customer places the order does it just authorize the card amount and not charge it until the status of the order is changed to processed or does it also charge the card if Authorize & Capture is selected for the payment processing options?

If you only select Authorize as the processing option, is there a way to manually charge the order to the card or is that option only used for those that are charging the card using some other POS terminal?

[quote name=‘Consultant’]I set up a new store with Authorize.net and it is set to Authorize & Capture. I’m not clear on exactly how CS-Cart works as far as when the customer places the order does it just authorize the card amount and not charge it until the status of the order is changed to processed or does it also charge the card if Authorize & Capture is selected for the payment processing options?

If you only select Authorize as the processing option, is there a way to manually charge the order to the card or is that option only used for those that are charging the card using some other POS terminal?[/QUOTE]

Authorize and capture will charge the card right away via CS-Cart. If you set it to Authorize only, you’ll have to manually process it.

So I would imagine most stores just set it up to Authorize as in many cases the order may not ship out for several days. But on the other hand, you aren’t going to pack an order until payment is confirmed.

Where in CS-Cart do you manually process the payment using the payment processor? I can only find it by editing the order and pressing the Save and Process Payment button at the end. That seems pretty cumbersome just to process the payment for an order that was on hold waiting for inventory to come in, etc. But would that even process the payment if the gateway is set in CS-Cart to Authorize only?

[quote name=‘Consultant’]So I would imagine most stores just set it up to Authorize as in many cases the order may not ship out for several days. But on the other hand, you aren’t going to pack an order until payment is confirmed.

Where in CS-Cart do you manually process the payment using the payment processor? I can only find it by editing the order and pressing the Save and Process Payment button at the end. That seems pretty cumbersome just to process the payment for an order that was on hold waiting for inventory to come in, etc. But would that even process the payment if the gateway is set in CS-Cart to Authorize only?[/QUOTE]

That’s the only way I can think of doing it as well. The only other option is to process it through your virtual terminal in Authorize.net … Much easier to just Auth & Capture from the beginning