How do I

get the product title to show up before the page title for the web site?

Currently goes some thing like…

"Discount French Country Cottage Style Quilts and Duvet Covers - Home Decor :: Gallery Wall Clocks Timeworks Alexandre Martinot Gallery Wall Clock

Would like it to be in reverse order or am I just wasting my time thing that search engines are missing the actual product title and just continuously seeing “Discount French Country Cottage Style Quilts and Duvet Covers” over and over again?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

Oh and I changed the breadcrumbs to show this in reverse order. Maybe that’s enough?

Remove the page title from “Site Layout” from “Design”

Thanks Jesse.

That’s what I ended up doing. Of course now I’m worried that by doing so search engines will come to the home page and not see a “title” and cause further grief.

Just my ignorance toward this whole seo thing…

Thanks,

Eric

[quote name=‘fenwick’]Thanks Jesse.

That’s what I ended up doing. Of course now I’m worried that by doing so search engines will come to the home page and not see a “title” and cause further grief.

Just my ignorance toward this whole seo thing…

Thanks,

Eric[/quote]

The page title should be pulled from the product title,

if not, export a CSV containing only the product code, product name and product title.

check to ensure that product codes don’t duplicate then copy/paste the product names to the product titles column. Delete “Product titles” column then reupload to the server.

This will overwrite all “product titles” with the “product name”

Although, I do recall that all product titles are generated from the product name if the SEO module is on/or no page title exists.