How Do I Make This Wider?

How do I make the highlighted part in my image wider? It's the title of the option.

Capture.PNG

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1413834268' post='194653'] How do I make the highlighted part in my image wider? It's the title of the option. [/quote]

If the responsive theme is used, please open the design/themes/responsive/css/styles.less file and edit the following rule:

.ty-control-group__label {
float: left;
padding: 6px 0;
margin-right: 10px;
width: 110px;
color: darken(@font, 10%);
}

Please change the width value

It's the basic theme.

On that note, if I were to change to responsive, does that put me back at square one with my design customizing?

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1413903969' post='194740']

It's the basic theme.

On that note, if I were to change to responsive, does that put me back at square one with my design customizing?

[/quote]

Yes, the customized style will not be transferred to the new theme.

To make these changes for the basic theme, please edit the design/themes/basic/css/base.css file:

.product-list-field label {
float: left;
margin-left: -120px;
padding-top: 1px;
width: 110px;
font-weight: normal;
}

I changed the width and no change. First to 120 then tried 150, cleared template cache, refreshed, no change.

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1413994353' post='194896']

I changed the width and no change. First to 120 then tried 150, cleared template cache, refreshed, no change.

[/quote]

I am not sure why the changes were not applied. It is ok on my local installation.

Just so we know we're talking about the same thing - it's the option name I want to widen, so the question mark doesn't drop down to the next line.

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1414182777' post='195178'] Just so we know we're talking about the same thing - it's the option name I want to widen, so the question mark doesn't drop down to the next line. [/quote]

Confirmed

Hmm I wonder why mine won't display the changes. Actually it shows changes on the left margin, but not the width.

I contacted support and this suggestion of theirs worked:

[quote][color=#555555]I recommend you to use the following code to achieve this:[/color]

.control-group.product-list-field > label {

width: 200px;

}

[color=#555555]Please add it to the [/color]Custom CSS[color=#555555] field of the visual editor and check the result. For more information on the visual editor please consult the following article:[/color]

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation