How do I change the favicon with CS-Cart?

I’ve never actually changed a favicon before, I assume its quite simple? Can someone direct me please?

Search the internet for an online favicon generator - there are heaps and they are easy to use. Then read the knowledgebase article on how to change the favicon in CS-Cart here - [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]Search the internet for an online favicon generator - there are heaps and they are easy to use. Then read the knowledgebase article on how to change the favicon in CS-Cart here - [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If you want to change the admin one, it is basically the same process, favicon.ico located in: public_html/skins/[skin name]/admin/images/icons

The developer who did the majority of the work on my skin at www.mensgiftspot.com.au told me she made this code change to index.tpl on the theme:

```php ```

We want to change the favicon so, after generating a new ico file, we uploaded it to /skins/customtheme/customer/images/icons folder as mgs-favicon.ico. When it didn’t display on refresh, all the browser cache and history was cleared. It still is not showing up. Is that because the site has been up for a bit with the previous favicon?

I did read the article at [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Where is the $images_dir declared so I can verify it is referencing the right place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mine didnt shpw for hours even after clear cache etc but did do the following day??

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Mine didnt shpw for hours even after clear cache etc but did do the following day??

JOhn[/quote]

Your browser will keep the cache for years, best thing to do it find the direct URL for it, access it and refresh the image to clear the cached image.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Your browser will keep the cache for years, best thing to do it find the direct URL for it, access it and refresh the image to clear the cached image.[/QUOTE]

Jesse is exactly right here! Once I linked directly to the image and hit refresh the image showed up. Before that I was waiting hours, cleared cache, etc. No luck until I directly linked to the image and then it worked fine.

$images_dir usually refers to the skins//customer/images for the customer area and skins//admin/images for the admin area.

Okay I used this thread to find my own favicon so thanks for the posts! However… on version 2.1.3 the location is a bit different. (At least on my “trial” setup it is…) My favicon was located at: public_html/skins/basic/admin/images/icons - Even though I’m using a different skin, the only admin folder resides inside the “basic” skin folder.

cs-cart is broken into AREA’s. Customer, Admin and Mail. There should be a favicon file in both customer and admin directories of the skins associated with that area. It will be in the images/icon directory for each area.